Hello From ipatent

ipatent

Dryer sheet aficionado
I've been lurking for a while and have enjoyed the quality discussions.

I'm 47, partner in a patent law firm and live just outside Philly. My wife is a physician and we have one teenage son who I am trying to educate in financial matters.

I have done fairly well with my investments in recent years, but could always use new ideas. I tend to be a trend investor in the sense that I spot trends (like the commodity boom) and try to ride them until new trends arise.

I believe that it is easy to fall into a rut unless your ideas are challenged on a constant basis. Times change, and we all have to be nimble.

Look forward to discussing investments with all of you.

Welcome to the board. You have a sympathetic ear from me since I spawned an IP lawyer - my son practices patent litigation in the SF Bay area.

There are more index/buy & hold types around here, but plenty of "real" investors, too, including a whole forum dedicated to individual stock and fund dabblers.

Enjoy the community. Any retirement thoughts or is that for another time?

Lots of patent litigation in Northern CA

I'd love to retire early, but I am a worrier, so I will probably work longer than I have to just to be safe.

Were you and Rich separated at birth? :)

:D

You'd better go easy on me - it's been a terrible week for administrative hassles and brush fire stomping. I'm apt to experience in premature evacuation (from work, that is).

Of course, if I wait another year or two, the housing crisis should be waning and this bear market will have finally died off. Plus the price of gas will be lower and I can finally buy that motorhome. Never hurts to have just that little bit of extra protection.

Who's up? Jarhead? Marquette?

Back
Top Bottom