Hello from Mississippi

itsmeagain73

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello everyone. I am soon to be 40 and hope to be able to retire in the next 10-12 years. I currently max out my Roth IRA and my Thrift Savings Plan and will start a taxable account later this year. My goal is to retire somewhere between 50-52 but I need to figure out how to fund the years between retirement and when I can withdraw without penalties. I plan to hike the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and the Continental Divide the first 3 years and possibly spend a couple of years with the peace corps. My cost during these years won't be extremely high (hiked the AT in 2009 for about $4000 (six months). I look forward to getting to know you all and learning from you. Have a great day.

Welcome, if you hike the Continental Divide starting in Mexico, you will be in my neighborhood. Formerly from Hattiesburg, well really Oak Grove in Lamar county.

Hello everyone. I am soon to be 40 and hope to be able to retire in the next 10-12 years. I currently max out my Roth IRA and my Thrift Savings Plan and will start a taxable account later this year. My goal is to retire somewhere between 50-52 but I need to figure out how to fund the years between retirement and when I can withdraw without penalties.

Greetings from another MS dweller. You should check into the 72t rule for withdrawing penalty free from IRAs. I chose to fund taxable accounts in addition to 401k in order to have funds available.

Formerly from Hattiesburg, well really Oak Grove in Lamar county.

An aunt lived in Hattiesburg, I'm originally from the Laurel area.

Back
Top Bottom