Hello from Naples, FL

mac5725

Confused about dryer sheets
My name is Mark. I'm a 59yo widower. Retired, or should I say escaped Corporate America one year ago. Getting a little bored and need a part time job. A little pocket money wouldn't hurt either.

$1.1M liquid net worth. 50% cash/bonds and 50% mutual funds. I have no debt and live a modest lifestyle.

This year I spent $30K on non-discretionary. Rent ($7K), groceries ($5K) and health insurance ($3K) the biggest expenses. I spent $15K on discretionarys. Pretty much what I had figured.

Found this site looking for another calculator to see if: I need to cut back and/or get a job. I'm OK. I'm OK and in fact could spend a little more.

In short order it looks like I've found all the tools I was looking for and in addition many people living a similar lifestyle.

Thanks for allowing me to be a member and look forward to all I'm going to learn here.

Last edited:
Welcome ! I live in Sarasota ,Fl..and have been retired four years . Actually five years but the first retirement did not take .

Hi Mark...

An ex-boss of mine (years ago) had a winter home in Naples. Very lovely area.

Welcome to the forum. :)

I lived in Lakeland about 20 years ago and visited Naples several times. Welcome aboard, congrats on FIRE, just jump in wherever you like...

I feel we have a connection as well. My Chevy Trailblazer was a lease vehicle from the Naples area and resold here. Is this a small world or what?:D

Welcome btw.

Back
Top Bottom