Hello from Suwanee GA

DEC-1982

Full time employment: Posting here.
This is just a note to introduce myself.

I am 59; DW 50.
I took early retirement and my last day was May 31 2015.

I have been looking around at the various posts and there seem to be a lot of good discussions. I hope to watch and learn.

I have been using the Fidelity Retirement Income Planner for my projections of whether our money will last. I just saw some discussions about FireCalc in this forum so I will have to try that.

Glad to be here !!!

Welcome DEC-1982, clearly you expenses are far too high and your idea to put most of your investment money in a insurance product is just crazy. Wait you didn't tell us that yet, we need a little more info, seriously congrats on ER hope you've found good way to enjoy your new time.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Welcome DEC-1982! Some of us do have a bit of a strange sense of humor around here, but we're pretty harmless overall. We look forward to you sharing your ER journey with us! Now that you're a week in, I hope you're finding the water fine!

Welcome and Congratuations on your ER. I used both Fido's RIP as well as FireCALC to do my projections and give me enough comfort to ER.

This is a great forum. You'll love it here !

Another congratulations on your ER. I lived close by you in Lawrenceville. We left town when the Gwinnett housing prices topped out and the traffic got unbearable. We do keep a place in the North GA mountains, and find it a lovely place.

Welcome... you'll like it here...:dance:

It usually begins with putting a toe in the water... determined to learn, while holding on to your own privacy... Gradually this turns into something like a church confession. The questions you get will be an honest effort to help, and you'll definitely find people who have been there, done that... and are more than willing to share what they learned... good and bad.

Enjoy!

Welcome DEC-1982

Congratulations on your early retirement!

I'm relatively new to this forum and not yet RE-ed. All my FI numbers look good on all the Retirement Calculators I've used but I'm still in a "how can this be?" / surprised stage. From the numbers I'm getting I could bail out any time right now and be OK. I'm 58.5, DW is 59.25.

With my w*rk I have some flexibility and I'm practicing RE by taking a few days every couple of weeks off and playing at being retired. Have a bit of OMY syndrome but think I can get over it sooner than 1 full year.

Also, I happen to live in your general area. One of the things I think about a lot is "what am I going to do all day?" and reading this forum gives me a good feeling that I'm not going to be bored.

Thanks to everybody who posted in this thread.

I enjoy logging into the forum daily and just looking around.

Back
Top Bottom