Hello - reader delurking

deserat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi,

I'd just like to say I've enjoyed reading this board - great knowledge, although arcane at times.

I wrote earlier on Young Dreamers, but I hope to ER in 5-10 years living off of after-tax investments and then at magic date of 60, have a pension kick in - I'm 40 so that would be 10-15 years off the investments. Oh and the tax-deferred ones.

My inspiration was Paul Terhorst - not only because he changed the way one would think about money and time, but the fact that he is a world nomad - that really appeals to me--right now I live in Europe and am taking advantage of all the opportunities to travel while over here.

My second inspiration came with the book Your Money or Your Life - while I don't necessarily agree with some of his rationale regarding 'saving the earth', the rest of the book was another wake-up call to re-assessing that which is important to me and making sure my money and time allocations reflect that.

As I wound my way through various corporate entities as well as my Air Force Reserve stint, I realized that my temperament didn't necessarily match those of the inveterate 'climber' and that I can do things fine on my own, thank you.....fast forward to today when I track all my expenses, assess very carefully anything that I may wish to purchase and save like mad--just recently doing a lot of reading about Asset Allocation (ala Bernstein and others). This has also rubbed off in my personal life where my soon-to-be husband has a very similar outlook on money - both of us having learned a bit the first time :)

In any case, I appreciate the information available on this board and even the congenial ribbing - thanks!

Deserat

Back
Top Bottom