Hello To All And Need An Answer

info4me

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum so I would like to say hello to everyone.:D

First a little background. I am a 64 years young female living in California. My husband passed away in 2003. About six months later I quit my full-time job and started drawing survivor benefits. The benefits from his social security amounted to being about $400 less than my monthly income at my full-time job, so I decided to work part-time. I am still working part-time to this day.

My question.....is there a way to get ALL of my survivor benefits in one lump sum?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of folks here with SSA experience; luckily I am still a few years away...

By survivor benefits I assume that you are referring to Social Security.

And as I understand it you cannot take a lump sum under SS. The only option is to take the monthly annuity payments.

Welcome ! I'm also a widow on SS survivor benefits . Sorry , No lump sum benefits but you can change to your SS benefit if it is higher .

Thanks for the info Moemg.

My husband's SS is MUCH higher than my SS would be that is why I quit my full-time job and started getting the benefits from his SS.

Thanks for the info Moemg.

My husband's SS is MUCH higher than my SS would be that is why I quit my full-time job and started getting the benefits from his SS.

Even if you could, cashing out of SS would be a big error.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom