Hello, Vick from Canada.

vickko

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hello.
I'm Vick, from Canada.

I worked in high tech for 27 years, I'm now 49 and "took a package" this summer. I got tired of my company, and tired of my sector (telecom).

So far, so good. Must stop focusing on how expensive everything is. Unfortunately, the stock market downturn isn't helping, but I see news of a turn-around. Sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned.

I may return to working, but not in my sector. So far, I'm going back to university, into areas that I "left behind" years ago.

I have a wife and 7 year old son to bring up, so careful budgeting will be needed.

Hope to read a lot more from all of you.

....Vick

Vick, welcome aboard.

Getting back to school, and in areas you left behind a long time ago, sounds like a great move. Whether you end up working again or not, it sounds like you're taking good advantage of an opportunity that was thrust upon you.

I hope you can get the family working with you on the careful budgeting. It's very interesting how many "essentials" turn out to be optional when parting with each dollar has to be carefully thought out.

Good luck!

Coach

Welcome Vick!

I hope you are enjoying you new FIREed life.
I'm confident you will find it beat w*rk. Especially in the summer.

Free to Canoe

Hello and welcome from another Canuk. (Ontario) There are several of us around here. I took an early pension at 53 last year which worked out pretty good as I had 33 years in and was eligable for full at 55 so was only reduced by 6%. Except for buying a car I have been spending less than I figured but being single the buck stops with me.

Best of luck and have fun

Bruce

Hello.
I'm Vick, from Canada.

Welcome aboard. My mother's family (Irish immigrants) found their way to New Brunswick a long time ago and then over the border to Northern Maine (where my mother was born.) My wife and I have been on a number of fantastic vacations to Canada: PEI, Nova Scotia, British Columbia and, in the few years we've lived in VT, to Montreal a number of times and once to Quebec City. And VT appreciates money Canadians have been spending here since the dollars basically equalized and the US is such a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom