Heres my plan

Johnson

Confused about dryer sheets
I am 41 yrs old with wife and 2 kids 5 and 3 yrs old.   Our total assets are $750000 house with 200,000 of that debt on 30 yr fixed loan at 5.8%

Bond and stock portfolios totalling 1.3 million with about 60% bond/CD income and 20%stock/20% mutual fund.   We are not working at the moment and wondering if we can retire permanently.
We have no other debt than the house.  Living in AZ where property taxes are low.
Our kids have USD51K each in education funds with another 13 yrs to go before the funds are needed. 

Any opinions?  Are we OK for the next 35-40yrs?

Have you computed your annual after tax income needs?

Thats a very impressive portfolio you have at your age. Have you run your numbers through the FIRE calc? Also healthcare is a major concern for most. Do you have good health insurance?

Just signed on here and not familiar with the fire calculator. I've got good health insurance for the family paying about 350/month. Not sure yet about our annual income needs as we just moved back to the US from abroad. Living abroad we lived a healthy lifestyle on about USD3K/month which included a live-in maid and rental house costs. I assume we will need at least USD 50K per year after tax to live comfortably in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom