Join Early Retirement Today

Hey an update
Old 01-16-2006, 06:04 AM   #1
gone traveling

Hey an update

This was interesting,

A friend who I have coached high school track with for the past 20 years said to me on friday night at a track meet that he understood my situation and would jump at leaving new jersey if he was in my shoes.

Says my 120 mile round trip commute to newark nj to teach in a rotten inner city high school only to have to pay high property taxes and a large mortgage, run cars into the ground in 4 years only to have to replace cars every 4 years gotta have reliable vehicles when you drive so far daily. Go for it he says.

He sold his house, teaches in a wonderful new jersey community so he is gonna stay is renting near his high school.

So as we write here I am getting the wife to start on a trip to north carolina to search for the new homestead.

Me I am waiting till the house sells then dancing on my principals desk telling him I am leaving.

I will probably sub, coach and like I earlier said sell kayaks or running shoes.

New Jersey will give me my earned pension which I have contributed for almost 30 years of over 32,000 plus medical bennies for both of us and a COLA after 24 months then every 12 months, the wife gets a small pension of about 3,000 in 2008, heck the thought of being 50 in april and having a new home paid for cash in NC and doing what I want to do is just well

PRICELESS!

dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Hey an update
Old 01-16-2006, 08:08 AM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy88
This was interesting,

A friend who I have coached high school track with for the past 20 years said to me on friday night at a track meet that he understood my situation and would jump at leaving new jersey if he was in my shoes.

Says my 120 mile round trip commute to newark nj to teach in a rotten inner city high school only to have to pay high property taxes and a large mortgage, run cars into the ground in 4 years only to have to replace cars every 4 years gotta have reliable vehicles when you drive so far daily. Go for it he says.

He sold his house, teaches in a wonderful new jersey community so he is gonna stay is renting near his high school.

So as we write here I am getting the wife to start on a trip to north carolina to search for the new homestead.

Me I am waiting till the house sells then dancing on my principals desk telling him I am leaving.

I will probably sub, coach and like I earlier said sell kayaks or running shoes.

New Jersey will give me my earned pension which I have contributed for almost 30 years of over 32,000 plus medical bennies for both of us and a COLA after 24 months then every 12 months, the wife gets a small pension of about 3,000 in 2008, heck the thought of being 50 in april and having a new home paid for cash in NC and doing what I want to do is just well

PRICELESS!

You lucky bastard, post up pictures of the old house, new house, and smile on your face
TomSimpsonAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Good going, new guy, and good luck on the sale of the NJ house!
califdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:10 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Good on you, Newguy! Good luck in your new life!
LRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:22 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

"Grasshopper.................it is time for you to leave."

Congratulations on your decision. Your road ahead will be what you make it.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #6
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by califdreamer
Good going, new guy, and good luck on the sale of the NJ house!
House will be on the market as of March 1,2006

I figure once the weather breaks we should be in a good place with this baby.

She will show like a model home.

2600 square foot center hall colonial immaculate, landscaped real nice, people have always said how and who did my landscaping and I tell them I did it which I did and planted baby trees 10 years ago and BINGO they GROW nice and big and beautiful.

I may wait to dance on the bosses desk until my house sells, do not want to burn my arse .

I have 200 sick days a cardiologist and some blood pressure issues so if I have to stay a bit until the house sells so be it.

I might take some sick days which I must say I NEVER DID while teaching almost 30 years. That is why I have accumulated so many days.

Hey gang it really is all good.

I do understand that selling a home is a very stressful thing, But as I told my wife hey with all the equity we have WE NEVER TOOK OUT A HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT OR LOAN on our HOME! DUMB IDEA so we owe what about 200 and the baby should sell for 525 or so, As I tell her our home will come with us to North Carolina and when we move into the new place she can stand in the yard and say WOW I own this place NOT THE BANK!
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy88
But as I told my wife hey with all the equity we have WE NEVER TOOK OUT A HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT OR LOAN on our HOME! DUMB IDEA so we owe what about 200 and the baby should sell for 525 or so,...
That sounds great newguy, and I sincerely wish you the best in selling when you want to and for the price you think you will get. But please remember we elected that SOB Murphy to Congress years ago and he passed that damn law that keeps biting people in the butt. So cover your a$$ and you should be OK.

Bada BING...