Hi! 29yo DINKS from Tampa Bay

LovinLifeinFL

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello,

I have been on this board for several months just looking around and reading. This is a great forum and I finally registered so I can join the conversations. Also, I love love love the iPhone app!

I will be 29 in a few weeks, I'm a pharmacist and have no kids yet but plan to. My husband is a 29 year old attorney. We live in Tampa Bay w/ my father. That always sounds weird so let me be specific; we own a house that my father also lives in.

I started my financial journey when I realized how much my then soon-to-be-husband was carrying in student loans. It was a very hard number for me to wrap my head around. I knew a lot of sacrifice would need to be made to get control over our financial lives. My husband isn't always on board w/ the sacrifices but we manage to have some fun too. I actually have some questions about our next steps in terms of student loan repayment vs investing vs mortgage payment but I plan to put that in a more appropriate place.

Anyhow, that's the short version for now. I look forward to participating here.

Welcome.:greetings10:

Twenty nine is young and you are on a good path, with plenty of time for investing and having fun.

Welcome!! If you are dealing with debt issues, you may want to check out Dave Ramsey if you haven't done that already. He has excellent tools and education to assist in getting and staying out of debt and then building investments to support ER. All the best!!!

Law school debt can be crushing in light of the current state of the legal employment market.

Welcome to the forum. I'm also in the Tampa Bay region but probably won't be much help to you on the investment side of things. We're strictly CD types. Retired in 1988 and haven't had a mortgage since 1998. I do know that you have jumped aboard a site with very savy people with very diverse backgrounds who will steer you right.
Again, welcome to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom