Hi 58 and completly frusrated in minnesota

jeffd

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi,been reading a lot of the posts trying to get some ideas. I am a 58 y/o
guy that is really dissapointed in my financial situation.

I am a blue collar worker that never really planned on retireing but now after seeing people I have known and worked with (some younger)be able to pull the pin, I can't stand to go to work anymore!

I am hope with some help and advice from some of you here I at least will be able to retire some day:facepalm:

So with that let me know what and where to post the details and hopefully get on track(and maybe a lesson to someone else to not do it the way I did!)

Thanks in advance

Thanks jfn111! I checked it out and there is a lot of info on it so I have some reading to do!!

You could also enter your info in FIRECalc: A different kind of retirement calculator to get a sense of what your options for retirement are. You may have to work longer than you'd like, but there's always a solution. The more you save and invest and the less you spend, the sooner you reach FI (financial independence). Unless you're very lucky (inheritance, lottery, overly generous pension), that's how most people reach FI, especially early retirees.

Hi Jeff - I'm in the Twin Cities so welcome fellow Minnesotan!

As I just wrote in another thread, I think you would benefit by reading some of the articles here - Mr. Money Mustache

It's a website by a guy who advocates a much simpler, less consumer driven lifestyle and how that money freedom brings happiness and a much earlier retirement. There are thousands who follow him and there's a very active forum of like minded people.

Back
Top Bottom