hi

Jesse11

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello everyone, I am brand new to this forum. I guess my main long term goal is to become more financially savvy while my short term goal is to determine the best way to tackle my student loan debt while saving for the future (retirement/emergency) and planning for a house down payment and engagement ring.

Before I post specifics I will be sure to poke around the forums to search for ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard. You know how to eat an elephant right?
...my short term goal is to determine the best way to tackle my student loan debt while saving for the future (retirement/emergency) and planning for a house down payment and engagement ring.

Hello everyone, I am brand new to this forum. I guess my main long term goal is to become more financially savvy while my short term goal is to determine the best way to tackle my student loan debt while saving for the future (retirement/emergency) and planning for a house down payment and engagement ring.

I did the very thing you are looking to do, It took us 18 months, and involved saving 50% of our income...........:)

1. Make a budget and stick with it no matter what so that you save as much as you planned to save
2. Invest the amount saved based on your risk tolerance. Start investing early to allow maximum time for your money to grow
3. If you have the capacity, watch out for additional money making/saving opportunities - part time jobs (over and above regular full time job)

Back
Top Bottom