Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Hi Everyone!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:14 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Now that this has turned into a sun damage thread I will weigh in with my Keratosis woes. I have a few sun damaged spots on my face and the dermatologist prescribed Efudex -- a cream that attacks fast growing cells. The cream essentially burns off the keratosis including a lot I didn't know about hiding under the skin. After two weeks I look like a kid with bad acne and it feels like a bad sun burn -- ouch

The upside is that the treatment is supposed to be very effective and I will come back better than ever - maybe even in Azanon territory
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2006, 06:48 AM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by donheff
Now that this has turned into a sun damage thread I will weigh in with my Keratosis woes. I have a few sun damaged spots on my face and the dermatologist prescribed Efudex -- a cream that attacks fast growing cells. The cream essentially burns off the keratosis including a lot I didn't know about hiding under the skin. After two weeks I look like a kid with bad acne and it feels like a bad sun burn -- ouch

The upside is that the treatment is supposed to be very effective and I will come back better than ever - maybe even in Azanon territory
I also have to get Efudex for Keratosis on my face. So what you're saying is maybe go into hiding for a few weeks until the skin is back to normal? I've seen pictures of folks using the cream. UGH!!!
paradiseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:53 AM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiseken
Great news JG. I go in this Tuesday for the MOHS. I'm hoping the doctor doesn't dig too deep in either my skin or my pockets.
Good luck man.

I think this is amusing. Hope you will too. Sorry in advance if I told this story already.

As I was being prepped for my surgery last Friday the nurse was getting ready to shave the area of concern (not important to the story what area that was). I asked her to skip that. The Dr. was there and asked me why.
I told him it was a vanity issue. He said, "Are you serious?" I said,
"Absolutely!" No shaving was done. So you see kiddies, old John even tells
the Dr. what to do.

JG