Hi from a Welshman in Germany!

cruiser

Confused about dryer sheets
Wonderful, inspiring, informative forum... if only there were something comparable in Europe!

I'll introduce myself anyway... I'm 58 yo and currently employed in a j*b from which I can't wait to 'escape' to the freedom of life in retirement. I know it's all been said before but life really is too short to waste a large proportion of it doing something in which one has absolutely no interest, 'just' for the money - important as this is of course.

I'm seriously considering 'taking the plunge' soon, even though it would mean having to be very careful with my finances... I'd be relying on a reduced pension (from the UK) as well as income from my savings, which is entirely invested in an e-savings account, again in the UK. My lifestyle is not extravagant and I think I can do it but, unfortunately, I'm not sure Firecalc can be of very much assistance to me on this side of the pond. In any case, I can't wait to have much more time to devote to the - second! - love of my life, namely my piano.

Best wishes everyone, from Hamburg :)

Last edited:
Hi,
That is the best thing about the internet: you can pick up good stuff all over the world.
I am German. Even though the details of my retirement scenario are different from the US as to pension system, health insurance and social security I use firecalc and find it helpful.

Welcome cruiser! I hope you find useful information here. So what's a Welshman do in Germany?

Coach

Cruiser,

Welcome from your friends across the pond. there is plenty of information and support here. We have other participants living across the globe, so not just a north American group. There are also other musicians - maybe we will set up a virtual band someday.

Check out the "Best of" and the FAQs for deep background. Feel free to join in the many lively discussions and post your questions.

Welcome Cruiser! I used to live in Germany some years ago. Great place to be ER'd!

CYMRU RULES!

I'd say 'welcome to the forum' but as I'm new here myself it seems a little weird to try to play host...

Anyway, I'd like to hear more about your second love - the piano is the center of my post-retirement plan as well. What kind of stuff do you play?

Back
Top Bottom