Hi From Connecticut

vince

Recycles dryer sheets
I've been one of the lurkers on this site for about a year. DW (62) and I (61) just recently retired, she in April, me in October. DW just returned from spending the first eight months of her retirement playing Nanny to our first grandchild. She's been in the DC area with our DD and SIL and now has returned home.

Retirement came unexpectedly with a layoff. But I quickly came to the realization I don't need to work anymore so why sweat it. I'm still trying to adjust myself to not having to get up in the dark and drive to work. Still have the gloomy feeling on Sunday evening that the weekend is over.

I've on occasion wanted to pipe in with my two cents but held off as I at least wanted to introduce myself first.

I've received some very helpful advice from the members here and enjoy the civil discussions you have with each other.

I'm a Flagship member at Vanguard, and use Ameritrade as a broker for my taxable ETFs. Don't really get involved with individual stocks anymore, too many burnt fingers.

Welcome to the forum, Vince! And congratulations on your retirements -- let the good times roll.

Coach

Welcome to a fellow Nutmegger.

Welcome! I was born and raised in Connecticut but currently live in Japan (due to my job). Congratulations on your retirement!

Welcome, Vince. Your comment about gloomy Sunday evenings reminded me of when I first retired and had a bad round of golf on Sunday, only to realize "So what, I can play again tomorrow". :)

Welcome :flowers: and congratulations :D.

I'll bet you really enjoyed NOT having to clear off and dig out the car plus NOT having to [-]face the crazy commuters[/-] drive to w*rk in the recent N'oreaster. :cool:

I'm "next door" in upstate NY east of Syracuse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom