Join Early Retirement Today

Hi from Dallas...wanna fish? :)
Old 10-15-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Hi from Dallas...wanna fish? :)

Hi Everyone, I'm Barb and I live in Dallas TX. Life has brought me to semi-retirement and after so many years of working it's taken time to get use to all this freedom from schedules! But, I want to go fishing!! I love just enjoying life and meeting new people. I've traveled a lot in my life, had so many different adventures that I can say chillin and relaxing is just fine with me! I wouldn't mind having a part-time job from home but those seem few and far between.

I noticed someone here is in Estonia. I've been researching Estonia because I have ancestor's that came from there. I'm real excited to meet you all and thank you for the welcome.

Barb ~
Barbalooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:41 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Barb from Dallas

Yes, there are people here who fish. And you probably noticed the travel forum too.

Welcome and we look forward to your contributions.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:32 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Welcome aboard, Barb! It sounds like you will be enjoying your retirement.

Coach
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:29 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Howdy from another Texan!

Welcome to the forum, Barb. Make yourself at home.

TG
TexasGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

Welcome Barbaloo,

Any woman who likes to fish can't be all bad.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:19 AM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Welcome! Dallas not a bad place to retire. I have a cousin there who loves it. Enjoy your fishing!
Thanks for the welcome!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:32 PM   #7

Thanks for the welcome!

Thank you for your kind welcomes...nice to meet you all!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:03 PM   #8
Full time employment: Posting here.

Welcome to the boards.

I live in Estonia. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Trek

Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:26 PM   #9
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Hi Barb! I live in Bossier City, LA. Which lakes do you like to fish? Ever fish Fork?

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Hi Marty
Old 10-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #10

Hi Marty

Hi Marty!

I live in North Dallas so I've fished Lake Lavon and Tawakani..there use to be a fishing barg at Lake Dallas that we'd sit out and fish all night at too, and the spillway and Trinity River forks, Little Elm, also. I use to have friends that owned a country place where they had a huge stocked pond that was fun too...crappie and bass for dinner! Use to get some good catfish at a gravel pit with a river running through it nearby also. I'm no expert but give me a string, a pole and a cork and I'm good to go. I've used minnows, stink bait, corn, all kinds of weird stuff to fish. My dad was a bit more serious at fishing so I had a rod and reel and we did trout fishing in Colorado when I was a kid. I'm lucky because I like the fishing itself, kind of like treasure hunting waiting for that bobbin to go under, but I'm also motivated by eating fish...yum. Oh and I went fishing in Branson a few years back when they were having a bass tourney.

Now that I'm kind of forced into retirement because the company I was with moved out of state and at my age it's been hard to find something full-time, I'm looking forward to getting back to fishing. Had a boyfriend for several years that wasn't into fishing so got rid of him and back to fishing <g>. I haven't done it in a while but have considered trying to get a 5th wheel and finding a place to park it where I can fish when I want to. Are you from Louisiana? I'm sure it must be good fishing over that way! I've been to the races there but never fished in that area. What do you like to fish for? Thanks for writing me, can't wait to hear your fish stories lol.

Barb ~