Hi from Ontario, Canada

Wannabe snowbird

Confused about dryer sheets
This is my first post :greetings10:

I just wanted to say hello to everyone out here. I found these forums after doing a search on how to retire early lol. This is a dream of mine - I think about it every day but I can't see it happening for me anywhere in the foreseeable future but what's life without our dreams.

I wanted to read people's stories about how they were able to retire early - maybe I could learn a few things and meet some nice folks along the way.

Hope to make some friends out here - take care.

Welcome from a fellow Canadian in Ontario. Sit back relax and enjoy the show, feel free to join in at any time.

Welcome from Canada's west. There are a fair number of Canucks here. You'll be outnumbered but not alone.

Welcome.I retired at 60 due to a good company pension being available,without the pension i'd be working till the end.

Wellcome from a Spaniard. I know Florida is closer...but you can always give Spain a chance!

Welcome :D
I rarely get to say this...I'm south of you over the border in East Nowhere, NY.
Have you planted your tomatoes and peppers yet? We are still getting freeze warnings for overnight temps in the 30s. :(
I keep bringing my plants inside, then I put them outside. It's a new exercise program. :LOL:

Welcome to the forum and hello from sunny Florida. As a GM retiree I spent a lot of time in Ontario at the assembly plants in Oshawa and the Chevy van plant in Scarsborough. Always loved going to Toronto. Last time I was there was 1986. Retired in 1988. Have some friends still in Ontario-- Hamilton and Gravenhurst. Met them all down here through golf and of course they all migrate back on May1st due to the health care system and their winter golf memberships run out. They will be back Nov 1st.

Looking forward to hearing more from you on your quest for early retireement.

Hello from another Ontarian. I am about five miles north of lake Erie and directly south of Hamilton. Retired with a pension two years ago at 53.

Bruce

Welcome wannabe snowbird. Having lived in South Florida for 18 years, I'm familiar with snowbirds from many places, and they all looked so happy and relaxed while I worked...:( Hope you'll make your dream happen soon.

Welcome :D
I rarely get to say this...I'm south of you over the border in East Nowhere, NY.
Have you planted your tomatoes and peppers yet? We are still getting freeze warnings for overnight temps in the 30s. :(
I keep bringing my plants inside, then I put them outside. It's a new exercise program. :LOL:

ah yes, the deep south way down there on the other side of the St. Lawerence Seaway.

the gross spring seems to have tipped the wife over the edge, she says she is going to pull the ripcord for September 6. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom