Hi From South Mississippi

dwa1952

Confused about dryer sheets
This is David from south Mississippi. A little about me.

I am retired from the reserves and work full time in the aerospace industry.
I am a widower after 28 years of marriage. Damn cigarettes!!! I hope none of you ever have to go thru what I did.

I like to ride motorcycles and I do stuff on the internet.
I use to have allot more hobbies such as fishing, hunting, anything mechanical, gardening and so on.

I wanted to retire from my job this coming August. But the way my 401k has taken a dump, that's not going to happen. The economy will not allow me to retire.

Sorry for being negative. There are many good things still left in this life. All my friends and family, motorcycles, and church.

Let the good times roll.
David

Welcome David from a fellow Southerner! I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your wife, and I hope you will be able to pick back up some of your hobbies once you are able to retire.
There are many folks here and elsewhere that are delaying their retirement (or worse, somehow, having to return to work after being retired). I know it is disheartening.

Good that you have great friends family and church to keep you going. We have a lot of motorcycle folks here--how about a picture of your bike? :)

Welcome David. Sorry for the nasty changes life has dealt you. Life does go on and finances can recover. You will find some support and good natured ribbing here. Enjoy all you can while you can!

David, welcome to the Early Retirement Forum! Let's hope the economy picks up soon. Meanwhile, glad you are here and who knows - - maybe you will make it to retirement later this year after all. :)

Welcome aboard David.

Thanks for all the reply's and kind words.
I actually have two motorcycles. A Honda 750 and a Honda vtx1300. The 750 I ride to work (when the weather permits). The 1300 is a good cruiser for road trips. I will photograph them and post later.
Thanks all,
David

Also want to welcome you to the boards!

Lucky you to live in a climate where you can enjoy that motorcycle passion year round.

Welcome ,
Sorry about your wife . There are several widow & widowers on this board as well as divorce survivors . Join in !

Thanks for all the reply's and kind words.
I actually have two motorcycles. A Honda 750 and a Honda vtx1300. The 750 I ride to work (when the weather permits). The 1300 is a good cruiser for road trips. I will photograph them and post later.
Thanks all,
David
Hi! I too was a widower. Lost my wife to cancer. She smoked too. Now remarried and very happy. Can you believe I smoke? Can´t quit. Or won´t. My current wife doesn´t. I fool myself thinking no matter what my life is in God´s hands.
PS. I´m a great fan of your fellow countryman John Grisham.

Hey welcome! Sorry I'm late responding, just didn't see it. I'm from east central Mississippi. Good to have another member from the magnolia state.:flowers:

Hi DWA1952,
Welcome from a rookie colleague. I used to ride a Honda Shadow 750 to work (30 miles) sometimes but I never felt it too solid to brave the Florida Turnpike. I've been thinking about an internet business tied to my hobby when I retire, if you have any exoerience on it, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Sorry for the loss of your better half. On an unrelated note, you must be in blues living where you live. All the best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom