Hi, from the Netherlands

Recluse

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi, I have found this great forum yesterday. I'm a 32 year old male. I'm of Turkish descent, but was born and raised here in the Netherlands. My dream is to save as much money as I can here, and eventually "retire" in Turkey in 10-15 years..

I hope to buy several apartments at Turkey's Mediterranean coast and live off of the rent, since the cost of living there is much lower. I may work part-time too, online translation or things like that, but I really want to escape the rat race here.

I would like to know if other people have experiences with renting out apartments. I don't want to restrict myself to Turkey though, I may decide to live in another country, the world is so large. I'm a very open-minded person.

Ozcan :)

Yes, welcome, Recluse! If you search for "rental" or "landlord" you will also find some interesting threads.

Quick, who's your favorite artist? Wish I was there. Welcome, Recluse.:greetings10:
Artist? I have no idea :) Funny, you wish you were here, while I'm trying to escape... it's not a bad place at all, but I just can't keep up with the rat race in industrialized nations.

Thank you Bestwifeever...

Merhaba Ozman! And Goedenavond!
We lived in Den Haag for three years in the 80s, and I lived in Turkey for a year in the 70s, both times in military tours. I loved The Netherlands, and rank it at the top of all the places we've lived. I would rank Turkey high also, but I was alone then, so not as good for me personally. But loved the Turkish med and aegean coast from Adana to Izmir, just lovely. Good luck with your retirement plans, I would think it's easier to retire in Turkey, cost-wise, than in The Netherlands.

Merhaba Ozman! And Goedenavond!
We lived in Den Haag for three years in the 80s, and I lived in Turkey for a year in the 70s, both times in military tours. I loved The Netherlands, and rank it at the top of all the places we've lived. I would rank Turkey high also, but I was alone then, so not as good for me personally. But loved the Turkish med and aegean coast from Adana to Izmir, just lovely. Good luck with your retirement plans, I would think it's easier to retire in Turkey, cost-wise, than in The Netherlands.
Hi FinallyRetired, Goedenavond and thank you so much. That's a long time ago. In the 70s Turkey was a very different country :)

Welcome. :flowers:
I have had the pleasure of visiting the Netherlands and will have the wonderful opportunity of visiting Istanbul this summer. It is one of the destination ports of a 12 day Mediterranean cruise I am taking.
Any tips on proper attire for an American lady visiting Turkey? I wish to respect the local customs.

Welcome. :flowers:
I have had the pleasure of visiting the Netherlands and will have the wonderful opportunity of visiting Istanbul this summer. It is one of the destination ports of a 12 day Mediterranean cruise I am taking.
Any tips on proper attire for an American lady visiting Turkey? I wish to respect the local customs.
Hi freebird, thank you :) no such problem in Istanbul; you can wear what you want. There is even an annual gay pride parade in Istanbul, so that should give you an idea about the city... Istanbul is very big and diverse. The historical peninsula where most tourists go, is more conservative, but you can still wear what you want.

Back
Top Bottom