Hi I am a Newbie

GravitySucks

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Retired at 54 years old March 1 2013. Looking here to verify my investment choices. (Ran FireCalc, all sorts of other planning calculators, all say I'm good to go, but still get a nagging feeling. LOL).

Spent this year traveling the US West and fixing the house up a bit. Now searching for my next adventure.

Welcome GS.

Sounds like you're enjoying your new retirement.

Welcome GS. If FireCalc and all sorts of other planning tools say you are good to go I don;t think you will get a different view, but perhaps some fine tuning. Lots of good info here.

Thanks! Well PB, I think I'll ignore that nagging feeling and spend more time looking for my next adventure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Hi GravitySucks-

I used to live just south of Utica, so I am very familiar with your grey winter climate and your green summers. Plus mud season and deer season.
I went to school in Troy then lived in the Mohawk River valley for many years. Now I've moved west.
Welcome to this forum. You'll find lots of nice people here, many with a dry sense of humor and some with you might call a sick sense of humor. Works well in Upstate NY I think.
If you have not used ******** and I-orp I recommend both of those. There's a small error I found in I-orp but it makes the numbers more conservative, not less.
Best of luck to you and don't forget - the sun will come out in the Spring :)

Retired at 54 years old March 1 2013. Looking here to verify my investment choices. (Ran FireCalc, all sorts of other planning calculators, all say I'm good to go, but still get a nagging feeling. LOL).

Spent this year traveling the US West and fixing the house up a bit. Now searching for my next adventure.

Not to worry about the nagging feeling. Many of us here had/have it, thus leading to the often discussed "One More Year" (OMY) of working syndrome. :)

As long as you understand what the information FireCalc is telling you regarding risks, "success rates", understand a bit about asset allocation and low cost investments, and retain the ability to cut back the budget a bit if things turn really ugly, things should probably turn out ok.

Welcome! The nagging feeling will subside once you have a few more years under your belt, but I don't think it ever goes away. Nor should it - after all, we are using risky assets to fund our retirement.

Back
Top Bottom