Hi I am Jason

Gunnz, you can also go to this blog and scroll halfway down the right-hand-column blogroll to the "Military Medical" links.

Once you've had a chance to read up on the resources, you can share more info & ask more questions here. Several of this board's members have become experts on the system-- the hard way. Or you can send me a PM/e-mail and I'll find someone who can answer the question.

Welcome...can't help you on the topic...unless you are a Siamese twin.
The U.S. military frequently uses the term "early retirement" to refer to servicemembers who are medically retired. This discussion board uses a lot of SEO and it dominates the search-engine rankings for that phrase.

Because of those coincidences, we get a surprisingly high number of servicemembers & veterans posting questions here about the military's medical evaluation & separation procedures. It's probably a half-dozen posters a year with about a 10:1 ratio of lurkers to posters. They're usually facing the issue for the first time after a significantly traumatic event.

It's the civilian equivalent of being told that you're probably going to be laid off and perhaps fired, but first your MegaCorp HR wants to spend 6-18 months having doctors do various medical exams and paperwork to see whether you've "earned" the privilege of keeping your job. While you're coping with the medical issues, you might be told that you're not actually allowed do your job (let alone get promoted) and that you might not be eligible for many benefits, either. But you'd get free legal assistance...

Back
Top Bottom