Hi, i am Maria

Just in case Maria is not the same person as Helen, I like to post a song for the departing.

Oh Maria Maria
She reminds me of a West Side story
Growing up in Spanish Harlem
She's living the life just like a movie star
Oh Maria Maria
She fell in love in East L.A
To the sounds of the guitar, yeah, yeah
Played by Carlos Santana

I never understood why Carlos Santana is never listed with the greats as Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, BB King etc. His Salsa style, so unique and mesmerizing captivates me every time.

I got a PM too and felt something was off. Told "her" she should introduce herself in the "Hi, I am" thread.
I wonder if there could be a 1 or 2 week waiting period after an initial "Hi I Am" post before being allowed to ask questions, comment or PM?

Essentially making Hi I Am a mandatory port of entry and the waiting period discouraging trolls.

I never understood why Carlos Santana is never listed with the greats as Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, BB King etc. His Salsa style, so unique and mesmerizing captivates me every time.

There are a few fans of Santana on this forum.

I first heard Santana in my teenage years. Watching the movie on Woodstock, I remember seeing them perform on stage. I used to listen often to their songs to the beat of Cha cha.

I just learned of the above song Maria Maria recently.

Perhaps Helen, aka Maria, wanted to be like Santana's "Black Magic Woman".

Got a black magic woman
Got a black magic woman
I've got a black magic woman
Got me so blind I can't see
That she's a black magic woman
She's trying to make a devil out of me

PS. Black Magic Woman was not Santana's original. It was written by Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac.

Peter Green's original version has the lyrics ending with "... I want you to love me".

Thought I would mention the above, because that's probably what Helen aka Maria wanted to invoke. :)

I wonder if there could be a 1 or 2 week waiting period after an initial "Hi I Am" post before being allowed to ask questions, comment or PM?

Essentially making Hi I Am a mandatory port of entry and the waiting period discouraging trolls.

Marko, the mod team is looking at options, but we also don't want to discourage new members. It's quite common for a new member to PM a mod when they are very new for help with a name or some question, so we don't want to hinder that.

But trust me, we have thoughts!

Marko, the mod team is looking at options, but we also don't want to discourage new members. It's quite common for a new member to PM a mod when they are very new for help with a name or some question, so we don't want to hinder that.

But trust me, we have thoughts!
ok, just my two cents!

I cannot understand the motivation of people to do things like this. One lady created a series of sock puppets on another forum of a Romanian woman, her American Husband , and their 2 year old one legged adopted daughter.
The same woman on another forum, claimed to be a Flight Instructor after she quit her job at Walmart.:facepalm:

"She" may just look like this Joanne.

JoanneScammer.w330.h330.jpg

PS. Black Magic Woman was not Santana's original. It was written by Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac.

Peter Green's original version has the lyrics ending with "... I want you to love me".
Time to start a music trivia post. I had no idea.

I got a "Hi, how are you?" private message from Cathy10 on 6/23. Still no posts. Whazup?

So, what are these people up to? I have no idea what they are trying to accomplish.

I cannot understand the motivation of people to do things like this...

So, what are these people up to? I have no idea what they are trying to accomplish.

Why are they always a "woman", sending messages to men?

Perhaps "she" is reaching out to men who may be "looking for love"?

I was alone then, no love in sight

and I did ev'rything I could to get me though the night

Don't know where it started or where it might end

I turned to a stranger just like a friend

I was lookin' for love in all the wrong places

Lookin' for love in too many faces

Searchin' their eyes and lookin' for traces of what I'm dreamin' of

Hopin' to find a friend and a lover

I'll bless the day I discover another heart lookin' for love

Then you came a knockin' at my heart's door

You're ev'ry thing I've been lookin' for

Back