Hi ! I am New here 58 y/o F still working

SDWildflower

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi :) I am 58 y/o female, still working but hoping to retire in maybe a year, and re-career, not sure to what yet, but I have a strong interest in Reiki, Bodytalk and natural health, also pets, so maybe will combine these.
Just hit $500K in my 401K last week ! yay ! plus $150+ in various IRAs, and cash emergency fund.

Welcome to our wonderful site.
You will find many members available for advice.
Got to make my way up to the Dakotas someday.

hoping to retire in maybe a year, and re-career
So, not actually retiring - just moving on to something else you want to do. Good for you!

Just hit $500K in my 401K last week ! yay ! plus $150+ in various IRAs, and cash emergency fund.
Nice.

Have you analyzed what your expenses will be in retirement and compared it to what you'll receive in income from all sources?

I like that word..."re-career". I'm 56, and was thinking to semi-retire at 59. I am planning to get out of the deadline heavy, high stress, rat race, megacorp job, and find something I enjoy. At 59 or so, the 401k monies would be available to make up any difference in financial needs, and not invoking SS until later, probably 65. So do the more fun re-career for about 5 years or so, and then really retire.

Welcome aboard, SDW! :greetings10:

Lots of knowledgeable and helpful posters on this forum, whatever your questions or interests might be.

omni

Welcome neighbor (I grew up in ND) and best wishes as you re-purpose your life! Hope you stop by here often. Lot's of smart people here - I'm gonna be one of 'em sumday.

Welcome! You can find a lot of information, and a lot of helpful people, here.

I grew up in Sioux Falls.
Save up enough to snowbird south in the winters.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom