Hi, I am Siamond - planning to semi-retire (very!) soon!

siamond

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi there,

Just about time I discovered this forum... As I have been planning to semi (well, mostly!) retire pretty soon, probably with a transition period in 2014, that might extend early 2015, and then YES, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :dance:

Well, at least the first stage of the mission! As the entire point is a new beginning... :greetings10:

I think I have a reasonable financial plan, many thanks to the passive investors crew (various great authors, and the oh-so-useful bogleheads.org forum), although I still need to figure out a way to make a few more bucks during my semi-retirement to round up the equation.

I am rather engineering-minded (professional background!), I like to be fairly well organized & analytical, but I also have a lot of passion in what I do that I'd love to express in a more satisfying environment than the current work grind, where I am pretty much burned out. :nonono:

I am married to somebody I deeply love, my wife works at a local school and will keep doing so for a while, as she is very passionate about it (she resumed working only a few years ago after a long break). We have 3 boys, two well under way at college (aarg! those fees!), and a younger one who still has a way to go.

Oh, and if you're looking for somebody who truly likes (and knows) carp fishing, I am your man... :D

PS. forgot to provide a few important details... I am 52, my wife is 55, we are expatriates (moved from France to the US 15 years ago - citizenship in process, we're staying here for good, even if we can't fix the accent!).

Last edited:
Welcome, Siamond.

Welcome, Siamond. Lots of like-minded folks on this board.

omni

Back
Top Bottom