Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Hi, my name is Gerry
Old 04-18-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Hi, my name is Gerry

I am a CPA/financial planner in Florida. I joined this site because I am interested in getting and sharing information about investing, retirement and related subjects. I've been in the business over 30 years (I should be retired) and have a lot of "war" stories, most of which are true.
gerrystell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:16 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Hello Gerry and welcome to the forum...I think. The reason for the qualifier is that we have a steady stream of financial planners/insurance salespeople show up here and say they are "interested in getting and sharing information about investing, retirement and related subjects". Unfortunately it becomes clear after a few posts that their real motivation is to advertise their services - something the forum does not allow.

If seeking clients is your motivation for being here you will get a much better return on your time investment elsewhere. If you are in that small minority who can contribute with no solicitation for business, then welcome and we're glad to have you.

That said, what's your financial situation and why aren't you FIREd?
Old 04-18-2008, 07:31 AM   #3
Confused about dryer sheets

First of all, I'm not looking for clients. As a Registered Investment Advisor (my primary business), I'm restricted from doing and saying a lot of things that would be considered "advertising." And I take the rules seriously. You won't see any solicitation coming from me--I didn't even list my website on my profile.

I am here because I saw a posting from "Google Alerts" regarding annuities and it was the first one I've seen that gave a true picture of those products. I have posted a reply to it.

The reason I'm still working is simply because I like what I do and, I must confess, I'm somewhat of a crusader for financial planning and passive investing.
gerrystell is offline   Reply With Quote