Hi...would you do it?

That would be a highly unfortunate turn of events. I am grandfathered in to HC through retirement. Recent employees at this MegaCorp don't have it. Now, could they pull it at some point? I'm not 100% sure but would consider it unlikely.

Chances are that it is non-contractual and that they could pull it at some point... whether they would or not is a whole different question... but the possibility is something that you could not ignore.

Getting close! Most here strive for 100%, and a large percentage (but in the minority, I'm guessing) would be happy with 95%. You are very close, and it you have a reasonable AA, then you should be fine, assuming you'll be a little flexible with your spenidng in down market years, and your budget is nailed down.

FWIW, I went to 100% on FC, even with nearly 50% of the annual budget being discretionary. Once I RE, I want never to have to consider going back to work, or hopefully, even reducing the standard of living.

Best wishes!

Thanks.

Various results:
FIRECalc -- 95.4 to 100% depending on AA, inflation number used, etc.
Fidelity -- score of 88 to 91
Flexible Retirement Planner -- 96 to 99% depending on AA, etc.

FireCalc and FRP let you really dial in specific spending amounts by year where Fidelity is a flat estimate throughout retirement.

Thanks.

Various results:
FIRECalc -- 95.4 to 100% depending on AA, inflation number used, etc.
Fidelity -- score of 88 to 91
Flexible Retirement Planner -- 96 to 99% depending on AA, etc.

FireCalc and FRP let you really dial in specific spending amounts by year where Fidelity is a flat estimate throughout retirement.

NoMath,
Actually you can customize your expenses in the Fidelity calculator.
When inputting your expenses in detail, you just hit the "detail" button for any individual expenses and then you can add a custom/bespoke expense from X year to Y year, or you can add a one off expense.
What you can't do with Fidelity is play around with the inflation rates by category.

NoMath,
Actually you can customize your expenses in the Fidelity calculator.
When inputting your expenses in detail, you just hit the "detail" button for any individual expenses and then you can add a custom/bespoke expense from X year to Y year, or you can add a one off expense.
What you can't do with Fidelity is play around with the inflation rates by category.

Ah, thanks. I'll have to mess with it more.

Back
Top Bottom