Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-05-2019, 10:22 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
This thread is a bit far-fetched. I smell a whiff of troll - or maybe it's just the fish I had for dinner.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

How do you know?
Old 09-06-2019, 07:30 AM   #22
Confused about dryer sheets

How do you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
This thread is a bit far-fetched. I smell a whiff of troll - or maybe it's just the fish I had for dinner.

Believe what you want but don’t think that what a stranger on the internet thinks is going to bother me. I am just trying to talk and work things out. Looking to see if there are things I hadn’t thought of.
crook32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crook32 View Post
I know asking her to work that much extra is not realistic which is part of the problem. I am the one with the health issues. I was out of work on short term disability six times in less than 3 years. My dr has talked about me going out on disability but I am reluctant to do it right now.

I have saved about 65% of what we have and contributed about 60% of the amount towards the house which is our only debt. My partner wasn’t a saver until she met me.

I have been looking for a new job for two years with no luck. Plus most of the jobs happen to be a 90 minute commute on a good day and I don’t see that lowering my stress. Best case scenario I see is going part time and her working 5 years for the insurance qualification and then we both retire. We will still have the kids college to pay for though and 7 years until we can touch retirement. I feel like I am juggling and have too many balls in the air.
Ok, well then you can't quit working can you? You need to find a less stressful job, apply for disability even if you don't want to or simply do considerable belt tightening. At any rate some changes are in order. I'm guessing the last 3 years haven't been a picnic for your spouse either.

BTW you don't HAVE to pay for kids college or leave them 19 million dollars when you die. That's a personal choice...
ivinsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:38 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Find a recruiter in your area to explore what positions that recruiter thinks would meet your needs.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I think everyone else has already said all I would....but good luck to you and hope you find a good balance.