Howdy, almost an empty nester

World Traveler

Recycles dryer sheets
Brand spankin new to this forum. I stumbled on this looking for reviews on Fisher investments. Recently retired from the military and tired of working for the man. Goal is to be in a position to retire at 55. I like my civilian job but little control over schedule. I like to hear from others that don't have a financial stake in me.

Please feel free to share a little more of your story as a conversation starter. Also, this forum has a lot of of very savvy investors who can point you in the right direction. Check out FireCalc. A very nice retirement calculator. Are you tracking your investments? As retired military, do you get a pension? Also there are some great books on the reading list.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

You might want to search Fisher Investments on this site. You'll get a pretty universal thumbs down I believe. Best bet is to spend time here and learn how to DIY with low cost index funds. Good luck!

Well my wife and I love to travel as I stated before we will be empty nesters. I get 48k in pension, 27k rental property income, 10k from company pension. Goal is to net 100k a year in retirement. I'm 50 now and I think 55 will be optimum. I have 750k in retirement funds. looking at options. 6.5k in living expenses excluding travel. i've been reading a lot about. 72T, Bucket system, monte carlo 4% withdrawal. I am looking for different strategies to get there. I do want to have the ability to pull the trigger anytime. big Item expense 2 yrs of college for the youngest. YOLO.

I think 135k will get me there but 20k short based on 4% of 750k =30k.

Thoughts? where is the fire calc?

There's a link to firecalc at the bottom - on the green bar above "about us".
Or here:
FIRECalc: A different kind of retirement calculator

Make sure you enter GROSS spending (including taxes and health insurance.)
Make sure you fill out all the tabs - since that's where you'll enter SS and pension information.

Welcome to the forum here. You can learn a lot on investing by just hanging out and reading. Educating yourself is one of the best investments you can make in your future. Have fun, and offer some contributions when you can.

Being military retiree puts you in a good position. Pension and medical coverage are great benefits. Add in your small current pension expectations and then you can determine the additional amount needed from your savings. Don't forget SS kicking in later, which can offset some of the withdrawals from savings.

Welcome to the forum here. You can learn a lot on investing by just hanging out and reading. Educating yourself is one of the best investments you can make in your future. Have fun, and offer some contributions when you can.

Being military retiree puts you in a good position. Pension and medical coverage are great benefits. Add in your small current pension expectations and then you can determine the additional amount needed from your savings. Don't forget SS kicking in later, which can offset some of the withdrawals from savings.

This is a great web-site. So much to read so little time. A lot of great stuff and differing opinions to achieve the same goal. FIRE!

Back
Top Bottom