Howdy from Denver, CO!

kritt3r

Confused about dryer sheets
Nearly 59 and hoping to hit the eject button at 60 (wife is a young 67). We have ~$2.6M in stocks and bonds and we should have healthy SS when the time comes (wife is waiting until 70 for that). Still have a mortgage just shy of $300k with a sub 3% interest rate. When we retire, we want to be able to travel internationally - perhaps even live in Europe for a month or two at a time. Bottom line: I think we can but the closer we get to the button the more nervous we get!

Welcome to the forum!
There are plenty of knowledgeable folks here who are willing to answer any questions, feel free to post.

Have you run Firecalc yet and are you comfortable with the results?

Don't know what firecalc is but our FA has run monte carlo sim and says we're ok.

Don't know what firecalc is but our FA has run monte carlo sim and says we're ok.

Use the FIRECalc link at the bottom of every page here, but please read the instructions before you start playing with it.

Most of us think it's the most useful retirement planning tool around.

Welcome to our wonderful forum.
Many of us can answer any questions you have on the Firecalc calculator.

Welcome to the forum. For many making that initial leap is the hardest part. Many on the forum here will tell you they had the same reluctance. But once you jump into retirement you find the fears dissipate and the fun starts.

Don't have all your expenses and other info, but it seems you have done a good job of preparing for retirement. So jump in, the water's great.

Nearly 59 and hoping to hit the eject button at 60 (wife is a young 67). We have ~$2.6M in stocks and bonds and we should have healthy SS when the time comes (wife is waiting until 70 for that). Still have a mortgage just shy of $300k with a sub 3% interest rate. When we retire, we want to be able to travel internationally - perhaps even live in Europe for a month or two at a time. Bottom line: I think we can but the closer we get to the button the more nervous we get!

Looks good. What's your yearly Expenses/Budget ?

Welcome Denver, we're down in the four corners area. Both 65 and been retired 9 years. How well I remember the fears of giving up the regular paycheck and all the goodies, but I don't miss it anymore.

Welcome! The joy of Firecalc, you can adjust the numbers, and your portfolio if you decide to change your allocation. We're adjusting AA with the security of treasuries. Our NW is similar to yours and waiting (DH) for 70 for SS.

I adjust spending on Firecalc since we do not have long-term care insurance. Like "what-if" one of us goes to a nursing home etc. Firecalc is a wonderful tool and no need for a FA to hold your hand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom