I am a disillusioned artist and radical minimalist gradually getting out.

Exilarch

Confused about dryer sheets
I'm about 30. I have a lot of interests and hobbies. I have a wife and children. At our core we have very few physical needs, we just enjoy our free time, nature and being creative.

I myself am a medical student in the late stages of training. My plan is to work as a generalist in rural areas both because that's where I'd actual enjoy living and because the income-to-COL ratio is nice.

By numbers, I estimate that it will take a solid 4 years to get out, though my inheritance will be enough to get us out immediately. A good conservative estimate of our needs is $2,000/mo, which at 3% SWR would require $800,000.

As for lifestyle, we live like paupers but we just consider it "normal." We see through the illusion of materialism, we know more or better things will not improve our lives, thus we have no desire. It should go without saying that our savings rate is pretty extreme, even now.

My asset allocation is a modified version of the Harry Browne Permanent Portfolio. It's simple, hands off and has treated me quite nicely through thick and thin.

I don't really have any questions, I just wanted to say hello. I like to lurk places like this for the information.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom