I am curious

MikiePie

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi I am a pentamillionaire and I am quite sure I can retire if I wish to.

What I would like to know is what motivates some people to sit behind computer and chat about FIRE 24/7 instead of going for a bike ride, or hike in the mountains, or spending time with their grand kids, or sharing glass of wine with friends.

Each time I check forum I see identical 100 plus people around.

Trollish assumption, I'd say.

I'm on here quite a bit, but it probably takes less than 2% of my waking hours.

Trollish assumption, I'd say.

I'm on here quite a bit, but it probably takes less than 2% of my waking hours.

Concur.

I'm still at the Jay OH B. I log onto this site in the a.m. and leave it open. I read a thread then work for a few hours then read another. The site stays open most of the day but I am probably only looking at it for 30 minutes/day. No grand kids. Friends are all working still.

Spent time with friends already today, took a 3 mile walk, did laundry, vacuumed the house, did dishes, ate lunch....now I get to do what I want in the evening...which is...ER.ORG

What I would like to know is what motivates some people to sit behind computer and chat about FIRE 24/7 instead of going for a bike ride, or hike in the mountains, or spending time with their grand kids, or sharing glass of wine with friends.

I am posting this from my iPad while I am biking in the mountains with my grand kids heading to have some wine with friends.

Attachments

• Mike.JPG
    Mike.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 562
I have made a personal pledge that if I become a dodecamillionaire I won't be online as much.

Great site and I visit a few times a day and evenings. This is my social time with great people that like to talk and think about retirement/finical topics. You could say this is my coffee break with the group. Lol

After i googled what a pentamillionaire was, i decided your rude. I dont own a bike i dont like to sweat,hike?, i was in the army for 2 years that was enough hiking and camping for 2 lifetimes. Grandkids ,i dont have any. Glasss of wine? i dont drink except for special occasions. I think i covered all points. When i figure out how to block you i will.

Some people can be gone travelling and I saw them coming back. Are they ghosts?

After i googled what a pentamillionaire was, i decided your rude. I dont own a bike i dont like to sweat,hike?, i was in the army for 2 years that was enough hiking and camping for 2 lifetimes. Grandkids ,i dont have any. Glasss of wine? i dont drink except for special occasions. I think i covered all points. When i figure out how to block you i will.

Sigh...

Save your indignation.

If you look upstream a few posts you'll see the OP was officially classified as "gone traveling" several hours ago. That's forum-speak for banned.

Anyway, I usually have multiple tabs open on my iMac for different forums I'm active on. Doesn't mean I'm on my computer 24/7. Only check in once or twice/day but having that tab open appears like I'm sitting there all day.

Glad the Troll has gone traveling, but, like Blue Collar Guy, I looked up "pentamillionaire" and learned a new word.

Even when a Troll crawls out from under his/her bridge, I learn something on this forum!

Ok the guy is certainly a troll but he does raise a point. These type of forums can become pretty addictive. I wonder for those with 10-20,000 posts if they ever think it would be wise to try and cut back a bit? Agree it's easy to really get hooked and sometimes I feel a little guilty about it.

I try not to post unless I can offer a different point of view or feel strongly about something. Just wondering?

Last edited:
A well regulated content policy, being necessary to the security of a great forum, the freedom to voice and bear nasty opinions shall be infringed.

Thanks, Admins.

PS. I hang out here about 30 min / day, learn a lot & contribute a bit. Part of my social life. :)

A well regulated content policy, being necessary to the security of a great forum, the freedom to voice and bear nasty opinions shall be infringed.

Thanks, Admins.

PS. I hang out here about 30 min / day, learn a lot & contribute a bit. Part of my social life. :)

+1

I carry my iPhone and I can read and speak to it. Right now I'm in the gym riding a bicycle...

Ok the guy is certainly a troll but he does raise a point. These type of forums can become pretty addictive. I wonder for those with 10-20,000 posts if they ever think it would be wise to try and cut back a bit? Agree it's easy to really get hooked and sometimes I feel a little guilty about it.

I try not to post unless I can offer a different point of view or feel strongly about something. Just wondering?

I'm sure people want to cut back. But since I was in my early 30s, I've been on one sort of forums or another and I still manage to do lots of things including raising two kids. I learn tons of stuff online and that's beneficial to me. This is not the only forum I read and post.

Back
Top Bottom