I did it!

What a delightful post, Ready! Clearly, your name fits!

:dance:

Thanks for the update and congrats on finding what sounds like a great part-time job so you can semi-retire. I'm definitely looking forward to semi-retirement myself, more than full retirement, but I'm also young (38).

So any other updates? Since DOMA passed are there wedding bells in the future? What state do you live in?

Congrats on the great life that you are living. It is nice to hear successful stories!

Thanks for the update and congrats on finding what sounds like a great part-time job so you can semi-retire. I'm definitely looking forward to semi-retirement myself, more than full retirement, but I'm also young (38).

So any other updates? Since DOMA passed are there wedding bells in the future? What state do you live in?

The repeal of DOMA has certainly given us a lot to think about. But, after eighteen years of not having it as an option, we've just gotten used to not being married. And, as I look at the marriage penalty associated with having two incomes reporting taxes as a combined return, I just don't see much benefit at this point. So, we're just taking our time and giving it lots of thought.

Congratulations and thank you for the update.

It is always good to hear this kind of good news.

However, in the past six months I've read multiple books on retiring, investing, and living a simple life.

Congrats Ready! I would be interested in the name(s) of the books you have read, especially about the simple life. Trying to convince my darling wife it CAN be done :)

Congrats Ready! I would be interested in the name(s) of the books you have read, especially about the simple life. Trying to convince my darling wife it CAN be done :)

Hi Trooper,

Here are the books I read in the past year to prepare for retirement:

Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
Millburn, Joshua Fields, Nicodemus, Ryan

The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life
Jay, Francine

Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: Revised and Updated for the 21st Century
Robin, Vicki, Dominguez, Joe

How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free: Retirement Wisdom That You Won't Get from Your Financial Advisor
Zelinski, Ernie

How to Retire the Cheapskate Way: The Ultimate Cheapskate's Guide to a Better, Earlier, Happier Retirement
Yeager, Jeff

Bond Investing For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Wild, Russell

Common Sense on Mutual Funds
Bogle, John C.

Mutual Funds For Dummies
Tyson, Eric

Investing For Dummies
Tyson, Eric

Blown for Good: Behind the Iron Curtain of Scientology, Headley, Marc

For general simplifying and decluttering, the Francine Jay book is great. For planning for retirement, the Ernie Zelinski book is very popular. And for pure entertainment value, I threw in the book on Scientology, but I don't think that will help you prepare for retirement. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom