I did it! Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving.

urn2bfree

Full time employment: Posting here.
February 13, 2011

I posted on these forums on the above date wondering if I were really close enough to hope to retire by 2016.
Yesterday was my last day of work. I listed my retirement date as 12/1/2013 because officially that is when it all happens. But with Thanksgiving -yesterday was really the last day I had to go in to work.
Since that first post I have learned so much on these forums. We fired our financial advisor reducing our investing costs by 80%.
We have been able to save much more than I had hoped back in 2011 and the market has been kinder than I could have dreamed.
It is a very strange feeling and has not really sunk in yet. I am both very excited and yet feel no different at the same time.
Thanks to all who have guided or argued with me on these forums. I have learned something from all of it, and look forward to learning more.
Moving forwards with four words-thank you-woo hoo!

Congratulations! This is going to be a Thanksgiving you won't forget for a while!!!

Way cool! It sounds like this will be your best Thanksgiving ever.

Contrats.

Btw, I've always wondered. In your screen name, is Urn pronounced Earn or Yearn? Just curious. Either way, it's moot now.

Congrats I always figured it was yearn and you are are now free.

Congratulations! Lots to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

Congratulations!!

It may not feel any different now, but I bet as Monday mornings roll around it will feel very different. :)

Contrats.

Btw, I've always wondered. In your screen name, is Urn pronounced Earn or Yearn? Just curious. Either way, it's moot now.

It was designed to be pronounced either way. But I guess now that I am free it should be made past tense for both. Maybe urnd2bfree?

That is WONDERFUL! Congratulations! If you w*rked an 8 to 5 job, you'll enjoy actually seeing daylight in the winter now. And when the weather's bad, you can just fix yourself another cup of hot coffee, snuggle up in your blanky and turn on the TV.
YEA!

That is WONDERFUL! Congratulations! If you w*rked an 8 to 5 job, you'll enjoy actually seeing daylight in the winter now. And when the weather's bad, you can just fix yourself another cup of hot coffee, snuggle up in your blanky and turn on the TV. YEA!

I love that idea!!! -- Nomad

I worked a 7am to 6pm+ job and very much look forward to seeing what season it is and what daylight is like more regularly.

Congratulations....no more Sunday night angst for you!

I worked a 7am to 6pm+ job and very much look forward to seeing what season it is and what daylight is like more regularly.

Believe me, not waking up until after daylight anytime during the year is one of my favorite perks of ER. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom