Interesting happenings here.

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Lets see house has been on the market 10 days, I have an offer that I have taken, gone thru an attorney review and I think we now are in that limbo time of house inspections and hammering out dates to close, anyway, I will NOT do anything about leaving my job until the day I have the CHECK from the sale of the house in my hand.

Then we head to the southern areas in the carolinas and look to buy a place. I intend to come back here to NJ and work for at least 6 more months, then the pension is well very doable, with no debt , no mortgage, and medical bennies a cola and some extra money in the bank.

Oh yes the school district down in the carolinas said I could sub everyday at something like 85 dollars a day, not bad part time work, added to my pension heck I would be near 50 grand a year. It looks on paper like it will work.

Now hopefully the deal on my house goes thru.

Why am I so darn scared that it will not??

Check to see if you can take "back-up" offers on your house. May be too late :psince you've signed all the papers. We used to put a 72 hour kick-out clause in that allowed buyer to remove contingincies or else we could accept the other (better) offer. :eek:

At this point you just have to try and not think too much. Easier said than done.

Hang in there!

Jane :)

Jane_Doe said:
Check to see if you can take "back-up" offers on your house.  May be too late  :psince you've signed all the papers.  We used to put a 72 hour kick-out clause in that allowed buyer to remove contingincies or else we could accept the other (better) offer.   :eek:

At this point you just have to try and not think too much.  Easier said than done.

Hang in there!

Jane  :)

Oh we have those 72 hours, I was the one who nailed the buyers who seemed to be adding things. Anyway, back up offers? I gotta say the market really is getting soft here in new jersey. the gas price stuff will be a problem as well as higher interest rates. If it sells great if not oh well I work a few more years.

Back
Top Bottom