intro

Mr. Tightwad

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hello from California. Lurked for a long time, signing up to participate. Retired at 45, live with 13yo daughter. Never married so no alimony CS or other demons in my life. Net worth 3 million. Avid runner, lift 2 times a week, lots of walks, a few bike rides. Looking forward to the conversation.

Welcome to the party. :dance:

Hello Mr. Tightwad. Welcome to the forum.

You did well to retire at 45 in SoCal. I'm impressed.

Welcome. I look forward to hearing more from you!

Welcome Mr. Tightwad! Being a single dad of a teenage daughter will keep you busy for the next few years but we hope to see you posting about your adventures together - there are a number of other active posters who are FIREd with teenagers (or younger).

Welcome Mr. Tightwad. Love your user name. Congrats at retiring at such a young age. Look forward to hearing from you on the forum.

Have ran 2 marathons and 1 half. I prefer 10k's and 5k's now that I'm old and slow. But since your twisting my arm, I ran an 8k in 33:35 last year at age 52. Even better, daughter ran a 5k at age 11, 21:01. I ran it with her to push her. But I actually rarely race, as I'm just into "keeping in shape" nowadays. Just want to exercise to live to 100. Daughter has been told she's on her own at age 59. And thanks for all the welcoming.

That's a nice pace on your 8k. And I think your daughter has a great future as a distance runner as well. I ran track and cross country in high school but am now pretty happy running 2-3 miles each day... but only during the warmer months. I wimp out when it gets cold so Dec-March I'm out. My 15 year old son runs track/CC and is much more serious than I ever was. After CC season, he runs throughout the winter to prep for track... even days like this last week when the wind chill was around zero. I think his best 5k is 17:30ish but he insists he's going to crush 17:00 this year. It's fun to watch. Enjoy the time with your daughter!

DD tries out for track next week. Neither one of us are sprinters, but she will run the 880 and mile. And if anyone can beat her she will be grumpy.

Have ran 2 marathons and 1 half. I prefer 10k's and 5k's now that I'm old and slow. But since your twisting my arm, I ran an 8k in 33:35 last year at age 52. Even better, daughter ran a 5k at age 11, 21:01. I ran it with her to push her. But I actually rarely race, as I'm just into "keeping in shape" nowadays. Just want to exercise to live to 100. Daughter has been told she's on her own at age 59. And thanks for all the welcoming.

So, you plan to keep your daughter around for 46 more years:confused: :cool:

I plan to get rid of mine when she is in her 20s....

OHHH, and welcome...

Everyone is different. Some look forward to leaving the nest and some don't. I want as much of her in my life as I can, since we aren't promised any tomorrow's. While all reading this will believe she will have numerous change of hearts over time, I wouldn't be surprised if the two of us live under the same roof until "the end". Its commonplace in Asian cultures. (I'm not Asian).

Everyone is different. Some look forward to leaving the nest and some don't. I want as much of her in my life as I can, since we aren't promised any tomorrow's. While all reading this will believe she will have numerous change of hearts over time, I wouldn't be surprised if the two of us live under the same roof until "the end". Its commonplace in Asian cultures. (I'm not Asian).

I guess you missed my joke... :facepalm: you said

Daughter has been told she's on her own at age 59... if you read it the way you wrote it, that is when SHE turns 59....

I guess you missed my joke... :facepalm: you said

Daughter has been told she's on her own at age 59... if you read it the way you wrote it, that is when SHE turns 59....
I did miss any joke...nothing you said was humorous. In 46 more years, when I kick the bucket at 100, dd won't have her dad around anymore. No more walking the dog together (should be several dogs in that span, but its a Yorkie for now), no more 5 mile runs together, no more double teaming the house chores like we did today, etc.

Back
Top Bottom