Intro from CT!

Goaldigger

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello everyone! I just discovered the podcast in my new quest to have a 1m. net worth.

Right now I'm on the 8534th iteration of trying to be debt free. I get there but have a hard time holding on, I think that's because I feel like I got a finish line instead of the starting block.

Luckily I have a great income and so does my husband. He'd like to retire in a few years - I've got more to go. I love my work and I'm excited to see where this takes me!

"I vas making der kleine joke", he said in a phony German accent

Welcome, welcome and thrice welcome!

Getting rid of pesky debt is an important pillar of reaching FI. Of course, if you've tried 8534 iterations and aren't there yet, then give up. It's hopeless.

NO! NO! NO! I was just kidding! :) (We use humor here sometimes. It's part of our charm.) Don't EVER give up! If it takes another 8534 tries before you get there, just keep working at it and it will come. Keep the faith.

You mention you and DH make a good income, which is wonderful. Also that you love your w*rk, which could be even more important since it obviates urgency regarding when you clock out for good. Some of the posters here do not necessarily love their w*rk, which puts pressure on their timelines. The ability to pick your RE date freely instead of in a hurry is helpful in achieving your optimum retirement rather than just your quickest one.

I don't detect any actual questions in your post, so I'll pose mine: to what podcast do you refer? Is there one on this site that I've missed for the past three years?

I look forward to reading updates on your journey to FIRE.

Welcome aboard! Used to live in CT. myself, but relocated for retirement to a state with a lower cost of living. On your journey to FIRE, that may be among the questions you consider.

Welcome, welcome and thrice welcome!

Getting rid of pesky debt is an important pillar of reaching FI. Of course, if you've tried 8534 iterations and aren't there yet, then give up. It's hopeless.

NO! NO! NO! I was just kidding! :) (We use humor here sometimes. It's part of our charm.) Don't EVER give up! If it takes another 8534 tries before you get there, just keep working at it and it will come. Keep the faith.

You mention you and DH make a good income, which is wonderful. Also that you love your w*rk, which could be even more important since it obviates urgency regarding when you clock out for good. Some of the posters here do not necessarily love their w*rk, which puts pressure on their timelines. The ability to pick your RE date freely instead of in a hurry is helpful in achieving your optimum retirement rather than just your quickest one.

I don't detect any actual questions in your post, so I'll pose mine: to what podcast do you refer? Is there one on this site that I've missed for the past three years?

I look forward to reading updates on your journey to FIRE.

Thank you!

I found the chooseFI podcast and after googling, ended up here.

I'd like to leave my day job with the final tuition payment for our college sophomore. My husband would then retire and I'd be full time in my side hustle of an amazing psychotherapy practice. Right now, I limit my caseload to 15-18 appointments each week. I keep the day job for medical benefits and have just over a year until I'm vested in the pension.

I'm not against moving in retirement at all. I'll stalk our kid wherever she lands! [emoji4]

No questions yet, lots of reading and learning.

Back
Top Bottom