Intro from Travel4Fun

Travel4Fun

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi,

I am posting my first "real" post under FIRE and Money, but figured I would do a quick introduction here.

I'm married, work for a megacorp. DW is a teacher. If they don't cut her retirement, she'll retire in a few years. I hope to retire a couple of years after that, once we have the house paid off, the retirement toys purchased, and enough stashed away. At that point, we will be in our 50s.

I have a pretty good handle on our expected retirement income and expenses. We don't have a single set amount, but I have a good idea of what we need to live reasonably and travel domestically. After that, the decision boils down to how big our emergency fund will be and how much extra for international travel. Neither of us has any non-financial concerns about being retired, and are very much looking forward to it.

Been lurking for a while. I'm not a big poster, but hopefully I can at least figure out those dryer sheet things some day.

Welcome.

I'm in a similar boat - hoping DW can retire from teaching at 60 with medical and pension. We have been alternating domestic and international travel every other year. I've found that we can travel well, but cheaply by setting up our own itineraries over the internet vs going with a tour group. Plus that lets us choose who we travel with, if ya know what I mean. :D

travelover--I definitely know what you mean. Almost all of our travel is on our own. We're grounded for now due to a parent that requires a lot of care, and probably will be for a few years. The positive side of that is that it gets us a little closer to FIRE since the travel expenses are much lower for now.

bbbamI--Thanks, I had read the link. However, for now I remain "confused about dryer sheets". I'm not sure what the post count needs to be before I am no longer confused.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom