It's my turn....

monte1022

Recycles dryer sheets
I am ending my employment at the end of February. DW finished up last year. I am omy'd out. Just in case, our professional licenses will be kept up to date for the next several years. Like many of you, we are leaving a lot of money on the table. However, I am reminded of the fragility of life every time I read the obituaries. I want to thank everyone who offered their opinions, advice, and support over my last 3+ years on e-r.org.

That is awesome!!! Like I have heard here many times, whenever a person retires, we all leave money on the table. If we rite at 75 years old, we would leave money on the table.

I hope for you a great ER.

I hear you on the omy'd out... Been there, done that. That last two years for me was pretty long. As I've said many times, my only regret in retiring was not doing it sooner.

Congrads

Congratulations!

Congratulations and welcome to retirement!

Congrats! I have given my notice and 5 more weeks for me. Yay for the class of 2023

Good for you !

OMY can be tough to break out of. And don't worry about money left on the table.

Congrats. Most folks will not experience the beauty of ER.
As one example, I usually play Pickleball 6x weekly, but didn't today.
Did 7 errands by noon. Now relaxing the rest of the day.
Never bored.

It means the world to me to hear these comments. The RE thing is obviously an entirely new path for our lives and I am a bit anxious about the idea. However, I've planned and planned and planned. Now it's time to execute and based on my first ever post, the target time frame of 36 to 48 months is here. That time sure disappeared in a hurry.

Congratulations. Eighteen years in, I can say the water is fine.

I am ending my employment at the end of February. DW finished up last year. I am omy'd out. Just in case, our professional licenses will be kept up to date for the next several years. Like many of you, we are leaving a lot of money on the table. However, I am reminded of the fragility of life every time I read the obituaries. I want to thank everyone who offered their opinions, advice, and support over my last 3+ years on e-r.org.

If your retirement is well funded, you are not leaving money on the table... you are leaving your heirs money on the table! :D

You might enjoy this interview with the author of Die with Zero. A poor title for a good book that made me think.

https://peterattiamd.com/billperkins/

“related to the balance between health, wealth, and time—the three variables important for fulfillment. Bill makes the case that we should strive for maximum net fulfillment rather than net worth (or even health). He argues that we need to optimize our life to have memorable experiences before it’s too late and that most people are over-saving and under-living. Bill also explains how one can apply the principles in Die With Zero to break out of “autopilot” and optimize their life to achieve maximum net fulfillment.”

Congrats indeed. As been stated several times here, we all leave money on the table. Live your life!

Back
Top Bottom