I continue to learn a lot from these forums, THANK YOU, it keeps me motivated to hopefully retire at 57 in 3.5 years.
1. We failed to pull the triggered last year to FIRE at 53 (per my username wish). DW wanted to stick with the original plan to RE at 57 when the youngest DS finish 4 years of college and launch. I am somewhat scared of the pandemic and was laid off. So I agreed with her. Happy wife happy life was my excuse
2. Our 4 children are still in college, the 2 oldest finishing grad school this year and we helped them with half of their tuition. 2 youngest in undergrad and we have saved enough for their 4 years.
3. I am grateful that our family is healthy so far in this pandemic and hope we're all will ride it out to the end until our turn to get the vaccine. I wish everyone in this forum the same. Will you take the vaccine?
4. I made a mistake of timing the market in our 401/IRA accounts (total value 1.6M) early last year and go from 60/40 to 30/40 and 30% cash. Waiting for the market correction to jump back in but it keeps going up. Any advice?
5. Another mistake is most of the after-tax accounts 550K is in-cash in the last few years. What to do with this amount?
6. Got laid off in April/2020 and feel blessed to find a job in Sept/2020 at my age despite 22% less in salary. (when 5 months severance about to run out, unemployment were the bonus)
7. Rentals are ok/good. Issue with 1 of the 5 houses, the tenant did not pay rent for six months but agreed to move out in Oct/20 and asked I gave them their deposit back. Rentals properties value continues to increase. (2.6 M net).
8. Paid off our residence a couple of years ago
Plan for 2021:
9. Eat more healthy and exercise. Loose the 8 lbs I gain in nov-dec. LOL
10. Exercise more as I found out that I am currently Diabetes borderline
11. Solar for our house (any suggestion who to go with?)
12. Gave our Accord to our youngest son so need another car. Thinking of EV Tesla Model Y or Audi EV A4 not yet come out yet. Any advice? This will be the most expensive car we ever buy. Normally just Toyota or Honda.
Thank you for reading. Any input or advice is much appreciated.