just retired!!

Three weeks in and it's been a whirlwind of activity ... funeral stuff, chores, a few projects.
I am health care proxy for my Mom who is in memory care at a retirement home so, that is like a half-time job. It is just starting to feel like I may be retired ... not sure yet. : )

Just replaced the furnace yesterday and today I am composing my ultimate "To do" list!

I guess I can jump in. My last day was one week ago,on Saturday, November 14th.

Worker at a grocery store in which is what I retired from.

The biggest thing to decide was to tell the manager there that when my last is.

But, Social Security helped me with this. I figured out I owe Social Security like 2300.00. The manager at the store would not cut my hours back as wanted. When here did cut my hours back just before I left on that same week her surprisingly added in one day.

Then I thought about the extra monies from that job would not be available.

But money isn't everything.

I have two Beagle hounds that I can spend more time with.

Like others wrote it is nice to not have to set a alarm anymore.

Do not have much monies saved up. But that is OK.

Social Security pays enough to where I can save 100 dollars each month.

But, Social Security helped me with this. I figured out I owe Social Security like 2300.00. The manager at the store would not cut my hours back as wanted. When here did cut my hours back just before I left on that same week her surprisingly added in one day.

Congatulations! :dance::dance:

I have 17 more working days myself, then I will jump on the retirement train.

Congratulations !
The first few weeks/months feel magical, and not having to wake up to an alarm is bliss.

Congatulations! :dance::dance:

I have 17 more working days myself, then I will jump on the retirement train.

I set a coundown timer to end on my last day. Set for August. But did not know how exactly retirement and Social Security. My first Social Security monies was in December.

I kept on my job until the said date here. I wanted thst extra monies. Then since I figured I owe Social Security like 2300 that was a BIG sign to retire and become a lazy beagle.

Congratulations !
The first few weeks/months feel magical, and not having to wake up to an alarm is bliss.

You wrote the first few weeks/months as a time line. What of you not like now bout retirement?

I set a coundown timer to end on my last day. Set for August. But did not know how exactly retirement and Social Security. My first Social Security monies was in December.

I kept on my job until the said date here. I wanted thst extra monies. Then since I figured I owe Social Security like 2300 that was a BIG sign to retire and become a lazy beagle.

I have multiple countdown timers going! :D

[emoji106][emoji322][emoji323][emoji122][emoji898][emoji119][emoji484][emoji485][emoji481]

Back
Top Bottom