Just Retired in NoCo (age 55)

imjustawarrior

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hello all. My last day of w*rk was Feb 28, 2023. I have been lurking here for several years. I am mainly active over at bogleheads. I would probably be considered a pretty serious 3-fund boglehead.

In 2011 I decided to get serious about mapping a road to retirement. I had seen too many layoffs. I worked as an electrical engineer for 31 years. I was fortunate to have the same job for my entire career.

Out of high school I served in the Army for 4 years. My avatar is a picture of me on my tank at the National Training Center. The Army convinced me to get an education. I ended up getting a BSEE and MSEE.

I am married with 3 kids and a dog. My DS is a freshman in college. My DDs are still in high school.

Since I retired I have started mentoring a young man. I enjoy taking walks with my DW and dog. Life has become so relaxed. I can take my time and enjoy everything I do.

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your retirement, hope to hear more from you here.

Welcome to a great place to learn about retirement. I stumbled upon this place 10 years ago as I had turned in my notice. I really didn't think retirement was real for a while. After a decade, the notion of working is kinda weird.

Congrats and welcome to the best part of life.

Welcome to the forum! I am glad to hear you are enjoying your retirement, and hope to hear more from you in the future.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom