Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Just say Hello from Costa Rica
Old 02-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Just say Hello from Costa Rica

Hi to everyone on this forum from sunny, beautiful Costa Rica, called 'Switzerland of Central America'
I'm born in Austria, after 20 years Dominican Republic choose Costa Rica and the PURA VIDA.........
Caribicjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Hello and welcome!
Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
Dryer sheet wannabe

Hola - what a great place to be - we love Costa Rica too! Enjoy, enjoy!! (Wish we were there right now as well.)
KanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #4

You're reminding me that I've been wanting to go to the cloud forest in Monteverde for years now.
Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribicjewel View Post
after 20 years Dominican Republic choose Costa Rica
Caribicjewel: so far, how would you compare D.R. with Costa Rica?
Old 02-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

Welcome aboard.

I am also currious about what moved you from the DR to Costa Rica. (I have really enjoyed the limited time I've been able to spend in both.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onward View Post
Caribicjewel: so far, how would you compare D.R. with Costa Rica?
CoolChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #7

Hello there and welcome to ER. Looks like you're in the central valley area. Very nice. Costa Rica was my first choice for retirement but my wife vetoed my choice because while diving in Costa Rica is wonderful the water is too cold for her. Was there an overwhelming reason for choosing the interior vs the coastal areas?
Old 02-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #8

People on this forum are always interested in learning about life in other countries. Many of us dream of the possibility of retirement outside of the US and a lower cost of living, but often times safety issues are raised by many.

Love to hear your experiences.
modhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

Bienvenidos!

I too would love to hear about your experiences in CR and the DR. Two of my coworkers are from Costa Rica.

Saludos!
FreqFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
Confused about dryer sheets

Yes, I'm living in the Central Valley because of the beautiful moderate clime after 20 years daily tropical heat, DR is a beautiful tropical island but it is very different if you visit for vacation or you live a daily life there, I still own a BISTRO on the North Coast which is for sale, rented at the moment, the power cut offs reach 12 and more hours daily and in my opinion the economy isn't moving also the tourism industry has suffered loss and least the country is 'pure macho land' people far away from 'easygoing' but you will not realize it as a visitor compared Costa Rica is much more educated, everything is better working as in DR and regarding all your concerns about security, can anyone tell me where it is secure ?? often it depends how you get adopt to a foreign country, the crime rate also is a issue in Costa Rica according the media, I'm aware how I act and don't show much possesses, nothing ever happen, I think the people are to anxious, I live life a bit to the motto KISMET .........PURA VIDA and regards
Caribicjewel is offline   Reply With Quote