Last Day of Work!!!!!

qmartd

Confused about dryer sheets
My last full day of work and I am beyond excited. 52, Divorced and just got tired of the Mega Corp rat race. Have run many different retirement calculators and all look like I have a high chance of not having to work again unless I choose to work. Planning on spending more time with daughters and traveling. Already have a trip scheduled to AZ for spring training in March. Life is good. Thanks to all who contribute to the forums. I have learned a lot.

Beautiful and don't look back. Have a great retirement and most likely will have more then what you started with down the road.

My last full day of work and I am beyond excited. 52, Divorced and just got tired of the Mega Corp rat race. Have run many different retirement calculators and all look like I have a high chance of not having to work again unless I choose to work. Planning on spending more time with daughters and traveling. Already have a trip scheduled to AZ for spring training in March. Life is good. Thanks to all who contribute to the forums. I have learned a lot.

Didn't you think hard about that decision 10 years ago with a $7MM nest egg?. What took u 10 years to pull the trigger. Reads like the divorse and time played into your decision. Update us on your past 10 year gap in posts. Regardless, welcome in at 52. It took me another 10 years to get the nerve to quit. Well done! BTY, I went to spring training this year and it was a blast!!

Congratulations! I'm a bit jealous as I think that I'm still 8-10 years out.

Spring training is a beautiful thing. The one time I went I left Michigan in snow and landed in Phoenix, drove to my place of stay with the windows down. Woke up the next morning and had coffee on the porch wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The difference between the stadiums/teams was so cool. Watched the Cubs play with a bunch of fat, pasty, shirtless dudes drinking cheap beer and eating Chicago style dogs. The next day was craft beer and Asian food with the Giants.

Sorry for flapping of at the keyboard, enjoy your time and have a great retirement!

Congratulations on your ER! Attending spring training has always been one of my dreams, and I plan to do that after my own retirement - 13 months away today. Sounds like you're in great financial shape - do what you want, follow your dreams, and have fun!

Congrats on retirement!! Hope the Arizona Spring Training is not for the Cubs!!

Cardinals fan here.

VW

Congratulations! I've been retired for 5 months now, and love it. I'm quite certain you will too.

I have had to w*rk ON New Year's Day the last 14 years to get an end-of-year financial pulled together and published on the Megacorp website before COB on 1/1. Last night I realized I could drink more champagne than I normally did the last 14 years, and have a bit of a headache this morning. I'll take it over pulling that d*mned number together. :) Yeah for me!!!!

Yeah for you too!!!!

Not for the Cubs, the Royals. That might not be much better for a Cardinals fan.

Congrats. I pulled the trigger quite a while ago, but DW only has 15 workdays left, so I’m witnessing how you are feeling lately too.

Congratulations. There are a number of retirees that visit many towns in Florida during Feb and March to check out the MLB spring training practices and games. It is a great way to to get up front and close with the players.

The spring training games are fun. I also go to college baseball games in the spring here in Florida. Chairback seat with lots of legroom at the U of Florida for $10. Free parking. Stopover coming or going at SwampHead Brewing and some shopping at Trader Joes makes for a good day.

Back
Top Bottom