Looking for Information On Heir

allgirls

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi
I have recently been approached by Heir and was wondering if any of the members online had any positive or negative comments or advice .
Is anyone out there actually involved with Heir or Canyon Acquisitions ?
I have read lots of comments but not alot of actual factual experience .
I would really like to see or hear someone's experiences before mortgaging our home .
thanks

Hmm thanks for replying I am just a Home Depot paint associate with 6 daughters My husband and I were introduced to Heir by our " Nice Neighbour " who happens to be a consultant Of course when you work so hard to just pay your bills and your savings go out the window with the markets we were interested the numbers have me worried our mortgage 1/2 paid we would be back up to the max and all the fees I just can't find enough info from others !

Heir Program

I gather the section in the contract that asks that you not speak about HEIR outside the meetings is strictly adhered to or know one is involved as i can't seem to find anyone out there that wants to talk !

I gather the section in the contract that asks that you not speak about HEIR outside the meetings is strictly adhered to or know one is involved as i can't seem to find anyone out there that wants to talk !

Its probably like the fight club saying :cool:

fight club

haven't signed up yet ....just looking for others that have

And this doesn't make you even a little suspicious?

That alone screams lack of transparency and as such, I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole...

Of course when you work so hard to just pay your bills and your savings go out the window with the markets we were interested

Kinda sounds like someone looking desperately for a magic bullet. Be careful. This economic environment is ideal for fraudsters and pushers of all sorts to come out of the woodwork and take advantage of desperate people.

I thought you said " Hair " . The hippie musical which has now reappeared on Broadway . I am thinking of going since they are offering discounts . Anyway Welcome !

Try the register of wills. There are many mentioned.

Hmm thanks for replying I am just a Home Depot paint associate with 6 daughters My husband and I were introduced to Heir by our " Nice Neighbour " who happens to be a consultant Of course when you work so hard to just pay your bills and your savings go out the window with the markets we were interested the numbers have me worried our mortgage 1/2 paid we would be back up to the max and all the fees I just can't find enough info from others !

Allgirls, welcome to the forum. Are you considering refinancing your house and pulling money out to invest in this company?

Allgirls, I think you are sincere.

I try not to give advice because I don't know very much. But this should be an easy one. Just go to the most conservative person you know, maybe an old fashioned banker, and maybe she can talk you out of this dangerous idea.

Ha

My decision is made just by looking at that toothy couple. :)

Ha

First paragraph on the link looks good to me. Teaches couples how to become debt and mortgage free.
Now if step three is to borrow money against your home and step 1 and 2 were don't talk about this with anybody. I would run (not walk) to get away from these jokers.
As Dave says broke desperate and stupid are three brothers that hang around each other. If you're broke you really want your guard up so you won't join the other two.

This reeks of a plan (paraphrasing Dogbert) to turn worthless home equity into valuable fees and commissions. The warnings against talking to the non-indoctrinated, contradictory promises, reliance on testimonials instead of numbers, huge up-front fees, big referral dollars - not with a ten-foot pole.

Of course when you work so hard to just pay your bills and your savings go out the window with the markets we were interested

Well, just about the worst thing you could do after losing money in the market (like most of us have) is to jump into some *other* 'investment', which I believe is very likely to cause you to lose more of what you have left. That would be very sad. The market is likely to come back some day. Be patient, don't "Buy High, Sell Low".

the numbers have me worried our mortgage 1/2 paid we would be back up to the max and all the fees I just can't find enough info from others !

The fees, and the "dome of silence" are MAJOR RED FLAGS!

Run, do not walk from this. The most important thing is to not get involved in conversations with this person, they are probably well trained to smooth talk over the problems, they will tell you that people that dissuade you are idiots stuck in the "old way of doing things", and of course there are fees, "you get what you pay for", etc, etc, etc.

There is no silver bullet to investing, and paying some marketing company for a supposed silver bullet will just put you further behind.

If there was merit to this, don't you think people on this board, all looking for higher returns would be all over it?

Good luck. You will get some good input on this forum if you chose to ask questions about your situation.

-ERD50

...but not alot of actual factual experience .
I would really like to see or hear someone's experiences before mortgaging our home .
thanks
I'm in lockstep right behind ERD50.
Some very smart people have written some darn good books on investing. According to them, across the board, speculation should be reserved for only the assets you are willing to lose.
Your home does not qualify as something you should be willing to lose.
The fact that "someone" is trying to get you to wager what may be your largest asset is a HUGE RED FLAG.
I would be highly insulted that anyone would intrude into my personal finances with some "get rich quick" scheme.
I agree it would be best for you to immediately discontinue contact with this con artist. RUN!!!!
If you feel the need to gamble, take a very small amount of disposable income and play with some high flying stocks.

Sounds like a Canadian version of Douglas Andrew's "Missed Fortune 101" schemes, where his team of insurance salesmen recommend you move all 401k, IRA and home equity into mysterious life insurance contracts that are so complicated you need their help and ongoing fees to hold the structure together. I've also seen a variation locally, where they add big leverage to buy real estate, but still keep all profits in the same structured insurance contracts.

I am not interested in investing in something too complicated for anyone except the salesperson to understand. I suspect that's because I actually do understand it well enough to recognize who's self-interest is promoted by such a scheme, and it isn't mine.

I only invest in things that share the following characteristics:

1.) A fifth-grader can understand precisely what I am investing in and why there is an opportunity for profit;

2.) There are not a lot of transaction costs and fees;

3.) It is completely liquid, with a recognized market;

4.) It is not leveraged such that I may end up sleeping in the street if I am wrong

Stocks, bonds and mutual funds meet my criteria. HEIR does not.

Back
Top Bottom