Looks like it's this year

timerfirst

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi All,

Or maybe should I say Hi y'all. I just sold my house and have begun my search for a new house in Louisiana to be near the grandkids.

I hope to pick up a lot of good advice here. Finances and health are in order.

I have been working since 13 so I'm a little apprehensive about being bored taking an early retirement. But, on the other hand, I think less stress is needed at this time in my life.

Brian

Welcome to the forum, care to share more info on your journey and plans for the future?

Not at all! I have begun my search for the perfect home on a river or lake. I'm an IT professional who is just getting burnt out. When the job is no longer fun, then it's time to move on.

My journey began after I got out of the USAF. I went through a few jobs before settling in at Lee Pharmaceuticals in LA. Dr. Lee, the CEO, became my mentor. I quickly found success at age 25 with his guidance and support. I later moved to South Lake Tahoe when my ex-wife request I send our daughter up to live with her. I became a single father in a couple years after my ex-wife passed away.

I'm looking forward to traveling and enjoying boating and jet skiing.

After working in IT for 22 years, I find myself in the position to take an early retirement. My daughter met her husband in Iraq. He is from Louisiana so that is where she started her family after graduating from LSU.

Now my granddaughters are old enough to communicate with me. This prompted my decision to retire early. I want to be a part of their lives as they grow up.

I'm looking forward to traveling, boating and Jet Skiing.

Last edited:
Congrats. You won't regret ER. The stress relief is so good that even when I'm doing nothing I don't get bored!

Congratulations. Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your retirement. Look forward to hearing more from you as you go along.

Back
Top Bottom