LuckyDude from CA

luckydude

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hello,

Long-time lurker and first-time poster here. I’ve enjoyed reading and learning from the forum over the last couple of years, and finally decided to step out of the shadow.

A bit about myself:

• Happily married with kids. DW and I are both mid-career professionals working for Mega Corps.
  • We are faithful followers of LBYM, and save about 50% of our take home pay.
  • Our portfolio is about 13 times our annual income in a mix of stocks/bonds/real estate/gold. Mortgage is paid off, and kids’ college tuitions are fully funded.
  • Achieved FI about three years ago thru LBYM and no small measure of dumb luck, but have continued to work by choice, as comps and benefits are good, and we are lucky to have a great work-life balance with flex hours and tele-commuting. No immediate plans to ER just yet.
I look forward to being a part of this great community.

LuckyDude

Welcome luckydude. Sounds like you are indeed a lucky dude!

From another Californian :cool:

Welcome aboard, luckydude. It's always nice to hear from posters who have reached FI.

Hope to see more posts from you in the future.

omni

Welcome! You indeed sound like one lucky dude.

I also lurked for years before registering, and lurked another year or do before posting for the first time.

Sounds great Luckydude. Mostly it seems like you made your own luck. One thing you didn't provide was your age. Good thing to know on a forum such as this.

Welcome aboard.

Hi Luckydude - welcome.
I'm also in CA.
The real estate you mention - is that investment properties, or your primary residence?

If I include my primary residence, I get numbers similar to you - (13 x income)... but since I have no plans to move, I don't tend to count it in my nest egg.
(I need to figure out a way to count the income unit on our property - it can't be sold separately, but it generates rental income.)

Hi Rodi---

My "number" doesn't include my primary residence; I don't consider it part of my portfolio since, like you, I have no plans to move in the near future.

Most of my portfolio is in stocks and bonds. The real estate part is just some land that I lease out for grazing and farming. It's a minor part of my portfolio---enough to generate some pocket change after taxes and insurance, but not nearly enough to live on. I'm not counting on this for my retirement.

Hi LeavingOhio---

I'm in my mid-40's---getting up there in age :)

LuckyDude

Back
Top Bottom