Lurker Delurks

tomz

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi - I've been browsing this forum for a few weeks and decided to delurk. Up until a month ago, I thought I was about 3 years away from ER. Then I found this board, FIRE CALC, and read Work Less, Play More. Now I plan to go at the end of 2007. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but the numbers seem to work. Kids are grown. Mortgage is paid. etc. etc.

Thanks, all, for the great info I've found here. I have some questions I haven't been able to find answers for, but I'll post them in another forum.

TomZ

Welcome to the board, Tom.

tomz said:
My wife thinks I'm crazy, but the numbers seem to work. 
There's still 20 months or so to debate the issue. Is she willing to keep her job just in case you do turn out to be crazy?

tomz said:
Then I found this board, FIRE CALC, and read  Work Less, Play More.  Now I plan to go at the end of 2007. 

I always thought the book was "Work Less, Live More", but I think I like your name better.   :D

CJ

Nords said:
Welcome to the board, Tom.
There's still 20 months or so to debate the issue. Is she willing to keep her job just in case you do turn out to be crazy?

She's been ESR since 1990 and works at home.  She used to be a basket maker and now makes clocks and mirrors using polymer clay.  Her earnings helped put the kids through college.  The craft business, at least in the Northeast, has been steadily declining.  She switched crafts last year and is not sure the new stuff will make enough to supplement the investments.  In my plans, I don't include her potential income.  This will be the "trip" money.  If I do turn out to be crazy, the worst case scenario is that one of us will have to get a real job.  We're still negotiating that part.   ;)

cj said:
I always thought the book was "Work Less, Live More", but I think I like your name better.   :D

CJ

It is "Work Less, Live More", but I'm at work and forgot the title.  I checked the book reviews section of this site and it was called "work less, play more".  I like that title better, too.

Back
Top Bottom