Lurking many years

mountaintosea

Full time employment: Posting here.
Lurking many years

Hi All!

I have enjoyed reading your posts for quite a while. I started reading the posts over at Motely Fool under LYMB. I'm 54 and think I will retire in a few years. The latest will be '08. It may be sooner, as the politics at work are sometimes mind numbing.

I'm one of the lucky ones as I work for local government. I could retire now and be fine. I managed to stay out of debt and saved some on the side. I actually enjoy tracking my expenses. :eek:

No kids and No DH. I'm debating whether to stay here. I have no mortgage, so that is a big plus, but it has become so crowded here. Grew up in So. Cal. But I figure I have lots of time to consider my options. :-\ Obviously now is not the time to sell.

I will add my 2 cents when I have them! :D

Re: Lurking many years

Welcome to the board. I have learned a lot here. I don't post much but read alot. A lot of good people here!

Thanks for the welcome. I agree, over the years I have learned a lot also. It's good to know that so many people feel the same way about work vs. retirement. I get the same comments from people as the people do here.
"What would you do all day?"
" You are too young!"
" Oh you would be bored."
AND people seem to get insulted if I say that I'm thinking of living in another country! I think they feel it's some how unpatriotic.
AND they seem annoyed that I am a little frugal. ie keeping cars until they fall apart etc. I work in a profession where they feel the more a person spends the richer they are or some odd variation there of. Anyway I enjoy reading the posts from people who are a little more like minded in some ways. :)

Welcome!

I work in a profession where they feel the more a person spends the richer they are or some odd variation there of.

Well said... ::)

Back
Top Bottom