Married Looking for Exit Plan in ~3 Years...

Yes, the purpose of my math was to give mins/maxes to set goals and expectations, not give a specific plan. I did not do a year by year analysis of spending when calculating macro savings amounts for goal setting.

You make yourself sound like Suze Orman there, and that is not a good thing around these parts..:dance:

Thank You for the feedback. 3.3M - 3.5M was my original target but that was more of a 5 year plan so it's interesting that you arrived at basically the same figure. That would include investing the proceeds from the sale of our house in 1 year and renting for a few years. Our original target calculations showed that we has a reasonable chance do that in 5 years...essentially going from 1.3M + 450K to get to 3.0M+ if we are able to save ~200K annually in the brokerage with 8% return, that would get near the lower bound of that range (3.3M) but probably not in 3 years. Reality check, I suppose. After FIRE, we would like to rent and then possibly buy a property but would target limiting that to 300K so the 150K would remain invested. For now, our primary focus really is on adding aggressively to the brokerage.

Back
Top Bottom