Midwest lawyer saying hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A relatively new lawyer FIRE blogger I follow is Attorney Evolved. He is a BigLaw attorney who ER'd in his 30's and his wife still practices in BigLaw.

So we’re ‘fessing up to being lawyers? Ok, long time government lawyer here. Upsides: excellent government pension, predictable income. And, I suppose that being a government lawyer I never got caught up in the Big Law lifestyle creep because my salary has always been, well, governmental. Not yet retired but I could be, and I just need to make the decision.

Maybe OMY….

I have a good friend that is an attorney and has done work for me many times. It has been 12 years now that he did a land deal for me. At that time, he said he was ready to retire but just not quite there yet. Well, he is still working. Lol I see him, and he says he is close. He is 72 and still works full days in his own practice.

My daughter-in-law is a partner in a large firm that has offices in 4 states. As far as her preparing for retirement in retirement age. I don't think that even resisters or even thinks about that.
She is mid 30's and money for the future is the last thing on her mine. Any way that is my impression I could be totally wrong.
At Christmas when we were at their home my son said. Be careful on that first on the porch the UPS man has it wore out! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom